Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AIB Bank - Applying For A Credit Card

Options
  • 28-10-2010 11:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,358 ✭✭✭

I've been with AIB for over two years now, since I turned 18, and i've had my Laser Card that whole time. Recently started college so I changed my account from a Current Account to a Student Plus account.
    Main reason for this was because I wanted a credit card for buying online etc. However after trying to apply both online and through the branch i've been unsuccessful. :(
    The whole time I've been with them I had two Unpaid Direct Debit charges. One of €20 2 years ago and another of €13.22 about a month ago.
    Trying to apply online through internet banking i'm immediately rejected without even getting the opportunity. So I tried through my local branch and the girl said because I had that single unpaid DD fee of less than €14 I couldn't apply.
    Anybody have an idea of how I could get one. I've no bad credit...loans etc. and have over €1,000 in savings. Regular payments of €190 every week plus I lodge the odd few bob here and there too. I don't even want a big limit i'd be happy with the student €400 limit. Just want one for buying iPhone apps and things.

Thanks for any help :)

Advertisement