Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can't download apps

Options
  • 28-10-2010 11:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Got a HTC Wildfire - all going well but I can't download apps from the marketplace.

It says starting download - downloading - download paused - download unsuccessful.

I googled around and people mentioned to sign into google talk to fix the problem. Did that but no joy.

I've tried both wifi and 3G.

Anyone got any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭Zonda999

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056069797

Sounds like the issues outlined in this thread. The issues i has went away a couple of days ago though, by the lack of other complaints about it too, i assumed it had gone away for everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Abelloid

Mine has been the same for the last couple of days, I re-installed the market app and it's working again...

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

Happened to me too but it started working again....

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭extremehalo

my downloads keep pausing an I have to clear cache etc to resume download any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,575 ✭✭✭lord lucan

The market was playing up for me the last couple of days too. Seems to be grand now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭BionicRasher

Ya its acting the maggot again for me today - Clearing Cache etc seems to do no good. Going to try to uninstall it now and see what happens

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭cwgatling

Had the same problem, but since I turned off 3G data (Settings, Wireless Controls, Mobile Networks, Data Traffic), it's improved.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Gryzor

Market has always been hit and miss for me, constantly fighting with it trying to get apps to update etc....pain in the arse after moving from an iphone, where the appstore was flawless...:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 55,472 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

After a patchy weekend, its behaving again this morning. I had 7 apps with available updates that I hadn't been able to update since Saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭BionicRasher

Uninstalled the market and its worked ever since. It updates itself after a bit.
    Google really need to sort this. Constantly having issues with the market over the past few weeks

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Gavedge

I got a Desire a few days ago and I was having the same problem until I stopped using the automatic date and time values. It's the first thing in Settings > Date & time. Give that a go.

Advertisement