Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help me pick a course!

Options
  • 28-10-2010 10:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,399 ✭✭✭

Evenin' all. I figured this the best place to ask seeing as you're all in college, gone through college, going in to college and I haven't a clue what courses are available.

Right, in my company, we have a scholarship system that gives us up to €1,500 to spend on furthering our education.

I'm aspiring to be a Garda but the courses I pick don't have to reflect on it. One course I'm doing is Occupational 1st aid which is €340.

So, help me pick a part time/evening/night course, starting some time in the new year for me to spend the remainder of the moneys on. :)

Interests are human anatomy, mechanics, biology, chemistry, all hands on stuff.

The course can also be a PLC starting next year. :)

Please don't give me a desk course, I'll have to kill you! :D

Thanks to all.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

Maths is the obvious choice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,399 ✭✭✭Bonito

Davidius wrote: »
    Maths is the obvious choice.
    Maths only works for me if I've the right teachers. Bad teachers gave me a horrible attitude towards it in secondary.

My 1st maths teacher was brilliant. Then getting thrown from this one to that one after the JC, i abandoned it.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

Look on the FAS website. They have loads of health type courses and things. I don't know if any PLC's start in January. Qualifax is a website that has a zillion courses on it too. Look! http://www.qualifax.ie/

What about doing a full time course next September, or is it only part-time you're interested in?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,399 ✭✭✭Bonito

Novella wrote: »
    Look on the FAS website. They have loads of health type courses and things. I don't know if any PLC's start in January. Qualifax is a website that has a zillion courses on it too. Look! http://www.qualifax.ie/

What about doing a full time course next September, or is it only part-time you're interested in?
    I checked FÁS, FETAC and Qualifax, how you think I got the 1st aid one. :P

No, a PLC starting in September. :) I'd prefer a PLC course. Then I'll go from there.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

Well then the best advice I can give you is pretty much not to do anything spur of the moment, think about it a lot and maybe even talk to a guidance counsellor 'cause if I did any of the above, I'd probably have a degree by now! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭Grindylow

Just checked up the Dublin VEC's PLC course listing and here's some that looked like they could match your interests/help with the aim of being a guard! :)

Youth Work
    Social Care
    Community Care & Social Studies
    Pre-University Science (Applied Science Laboratory Technician)

Advertisement