Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can anyone tell me what i am doing wrong in relation to remote droid applications?

Options
  • 28-10-2010 7:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭

Hi folks

I have downloaded gmote, unified remote, and their respective servers and still cant get them to work so obviously am doing something repeatedly wrong. I have checked my IP at home on my wireless connection (using the whats my ip site) and also then the IP on my mobile and have tried both of these but never can seem to use the phone as a remote and at this stage it is doing my head in. Anyone have any input or thoughts please? Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Abelloid

You need the network IP address for the computer running the software, it should be 192.168.2.XXX or similar.

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭ellinguistico

JustinOval wrote: »
    You need the network IP address for the computer running the software, it should be 192.168.2.XXX or similar.

thanks yeah i have done that but still nada. I have a very basic free AVG virus system on the laptop, would that be preventing the connection from occurring i wonder?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Chet T16

I don't think avg firewalls but windows should pop up a window to unblock if you have the firewall turned.

Any of the remote apps i tried worked first time. Maybe something if your router is blocking it?

Chet T16 wrote: »
    I don't think avg firewalls but windows should pop up a window to unblock if you have the firewall turned.

Any of the remote apps i tried worked first time. Maybe something if your router is blocking it?

Cheers. Will uninstall everything and try again. Stumped.

thanks yeah i have done that but still nada. I have a very basic free AVG virus system on the laptop, would that be preventing the connection from occurring i wonder?

Sorry, have to ask because you mentioned a whatsmyip site - are you sure you have the network IP address? Not the external IP?

Hit Start and type 'CMD' in the run (or search box in Win7), then in the new window type 'ipconfig' and you'll get your IP address.

• Advertisement

Sorry, have to ask because you mentioned a whatsmyip site - are you sure you have the network IP address? Not the external IP?

Hit Start and type 'CMD' in the run (or search box in Win7), then in the new window type 'ipconfig' and you'll get your IP address.
    Yeah i did that and that is the figure i put into the unified remote server box, the app then has the matching figure and a 4 digit port number, just seems to be something small im doing wrong. I am using a wireless router if that is of any significance?

Hmmm.

If it's any help Pocketcloud is very easy to set up and gives you full desktop control on you Android phone.

Hmmm.

If it's any help Pocketcloud is very easy to set up and gives you full desktop control on you Android phone.

Will try and do that now, thanks for your time. Have to get it bloody working. Cheers fella!

I just installed the Unified remote there with no issues, I'd say it could be your router configuration blocking ports, or your firewall not allowing the server through. Did you get a firewall notification when installing the server?

I just installed the Unified remote there with no issues, I'd say it could be your router configuration blocking ports, or your firewall not allowing the server through. Did you get a firewall notification when installing the server?
    didn't at all no, no window to go into to to "allow this time" etc. When you say router configuration blocking ports what should i look for exactly?

• Advertisement

didn't at all no, no window to go into to to "allow this time" etc. When you say router configuration blocking ports what should i look for exactly?

No idea, I never had much luck port forwarding on my router, sorry. :D

http://www.wyse.com/products/software/pocketcloud/android/index.asp

The auto discovery option for Windows works great, and this works over 3G too, not just on a local network.

This is an Android screen grab. ;)

snap20100611_163849.png

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭él statutorio

i use dyndns to get a static address and then point gmote to that. It works perfectly.

i use dyndns to get a static address and then point gmote to that. It works perfectly.

How far from the PC do you need to be? :D:p

Advertisement