Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cci stingers .22 lr?

Options
  • 27-10-2010 11:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 22

hey does any one know why every where in ireland is sold out of cci stingers .22 lr ? or is there any where i can get them ?
    thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭juice1304

where are you? i might know somewhere.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭ormondprop

sheahans hardware in nenagh had them the last time i was in there, i personally dont like stingers though, my rifle could'nt hit an elephants hole at 10 yards with them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 sgmg1984

im in wexford. i tried waterford and a few internet sites in ireland that sell ammo over the net and there all out of stock, i have a marlin 22 and it never jams with the stingers nice grouping to what other good rounds are out there and more importantly which ones to stay away from ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭The Bishop Basher

Likewise..I wouldn't let them within an ass's roar of my rifle but I know an RFD in Dublin who has them in stock. I'll PM you.

thanks for that swanner , what rounds do you find the best ?

• Advertisement

CCI R50's.

They're consistant and not too hard on the rifle. I suppose it depends what your're shooting at though. For target shooting you want consitancy and accuracy. I'm assuming the higher velocity might be handy for shooting game where an inch or two to the right or left won't ruin your day but they're definately not as accurate.

thanks swanner would you stick with cci brand or is winchester any good? i used remington a few years ago they were not great at all , The best thing i can do is try a few and see which is best but i bought a box of cheap rounds and every second one jammed and i still have a good few left over do you know any where would take them? because i dont want to go over the limit or rounds im allowed.

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭leupold90

Try CCI Velocitors (spelling ?). They seem to be common enough.

sgmg1984 wrote: »
    thanks swanner would you stick with cci brand or is winchester any good? i used remington a few years ago they were not great at all , The best thing i can do is try a few and see which is best but i bought a box of cheap rounds and every second one jammed and i still have a good few left over do you know any where would take them? because i dont want to go over the limit or rounds im allowed.

Never tried Remington. I'm pretty new to the sport so you'd be better off taking advice from the experts around here. I do agree with trying out a few though and figuring out which works best.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭bunny shooter

Swanner wrote: »
    CCI R50's........

RWS not CCI I reckon ;)

FTR RWS R50's are target ammo, Stingers are more than likely wanted for hunting

• Advertisement

RWS not CCI I reckon ;)

That would be them. I did say listen to the experts !!

Thanks bunny shooter :)

has any one bought ammo online from sportsden.ie is it much hassle and does it take much time ?

Advertisement