Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apps sending texts

Options
  • 27-10-2010 9:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭

hi guys, not to sure whats going on, but my bill is after arriving and got a few surprises.
    texts messages sent to sweden, now i didnt send them and no one had my phone.
    is there some apps sending random texts?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

possible. did you sideload any apps onto your phone from outside the market?
    Id suggest keeping your phone in airoplane mode untill you get this narrowed down.
    are the text messages going to many different numbers?

were kinda going to need a full list of the apps on your phone. im pretty sure there is an app for that though ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,200 ✭✭✭Keith186

App brain can give a list of them all I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Yes apps can send text messages, you really should be taking note of the permissions when installing an app and if it looks suspicious then don't install.

What have you installed since your last bill?

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭ldr

thanks for the replys

all the apps i installed were from the market, in total were only 3 texts to the same number. but thats probably because i installed a different rom and never installed what ever app was it.
    one more thing was the time the text was sent. at that time i was at work not even near the phone.

watch out for them

Advertisement