Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

urgent help needed with intelligence/personality assignment

Options
  • 27-10-2010 9:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 24

hi there,

i am doing a inroduction to psychology module in my course (finance) and have to do a 5 page essay on personality or intelligence and link this in with finance ie economics, or the stockmarket or sales of bonds etc. Would anyone have a idea of a topic for this i am clueless i have been looking at it for hours, i am hoping to do really well in this assignment 80 % hpefully as i want to do a postgrad in organisational psychology . i would appeciate any ideas on topics , recommeded reading - articles or books or websites etc.

also the lectures said we have to do a critique and annodation whatever they are ? any help or advice mch apreciated

cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 littletony

can anyone help me im really stuck any advice or tips etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,376 ✭✭✭metrovelvet

Corporate sociopathy? Enron for example.

http://www.fastcompany.com/magazine/96/open_boss.html

• Registered Users Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭hotspur

I'm not sure if it is covered under the remit of what you were asked to do but the area of the relationship between emotion and investment decisions is an interesting and increasing area of study. Here's a paper by an Irish guy (used to be a mod on boards actually, not sure if he still is):
    http://www.csb.uncw.edu/people/cinerc/Courses%20Web%20Page/Fin%20335/role%20feelings%20investor%20decision%20making.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭JuliusCaesar

There's always Daniel Kahnemann, a psychologist who won a Nobel Prize for economics.
    Wasn't there something recently about the impact of high testosterone on stockbrokers' decisions?

• Registered Users Posts: 32 hadas

Try attacking in from social psychology perspective. Look for "influencing" as a topic. They discuss there how we are influenced by others based on our age, personality, mood etc and how likely we are to buy something as an example. They found that influencing depends on who is trying to influence, the people who we try to influence and how the message is organised. Social Psychology by Aronson, Wilson and Akert might be a good source.

Good luck!

• Advertisement
Advertisement