Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HTC f3188 charges

Options
  • 27-10-2010 6:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭

I got the HTC f3188 lately and although Ive hardly made any calls my credit seems to be wasting away... It's a smartphone and updates weather every 20 mins but I dont use the internet on it at all... I'm pretty sure its the 99c internet charge that they're taking every day anyone know how to stop it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭jwcurtin

stacexD wrote: »
    I got the HTC f3188 lately and although Ive hardly made any calls my credit seems to be wasting away... It's a smartphone and updates weather every 20 mins but I dont use the internet on it at all... I'm pretty sure its the 99c internet charge that they're taking every day anyone know how to stop it?

HTC Smart?
    Linky to HTC

• Registered Users Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

Go through settings. Its probably set to update weather every so often and just set it to do it manually.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

apps like weather and emails updating is using your INTERNET. and isnt the 99cent thing only good for 50mb or something? after that there is a surcharge.

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭stacexD

I think on my plan the max they charge you a day is 99c.. I tried all the settings I have it set not to update weather but it does it anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭stacexD

jwcurtin wrote: »
    HTC Smart?
    Linky to HTC

Looks like what I need to do I think... thanks ^_^

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭jwcurtin

stacexD wrote: »
    I think on my plan the max they charge you a day is 99c.. I tried all the settings I have it set not to update weather but it does it anyway

What you could do is try the Vodafone ISP access point, and that works out at €0.19 per MB, but be VERY careful , as i lost €18 of credit in 2 days doing this:(

Advertisement