Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Desire won't boot

Options
  • 27-10-2010 6:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭

last night my desire ran out of battery (no surprise there) plugged it into charge all night and tried turning it on this morning and it will turn on and just hangs on the htc screen. i have tried putting it into recovery but it still hangs there doing nothing.

Anyone know what the problem is or how i can fix it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭elderlemon

Wipe/reset and try a reboot .... ouch!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

Did you keep it on the charger for a while without booting it before? Sometimes if the battery completely drains out you need to let it charge offline a bit. See how that goes

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭allen175

i have tried everything, i talked to htc and im going to send it off to be fixed, im abit worried about that though because its rooted.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,161 ✭✭✭✭M5

allen175 wrote: »
    i have tried everything, i talked to htc and im going to send it off to be fixed, im abit worried about that though because its rooted.

you cant get into recovery even?

No, its goes to go into recovery and just freezes. Im going to send it back to HTC for them to fix, they said its under warranty till 2012.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

under warranty till 2012.

not if they find the root ;)

well lets just hope that it is so messed up that they can't detect it.

I sent back my Desire a couple of months ago which was rooted and had a custom rom installed. It came back fixed on warranty and with a little note to say they had reloaded my rom back into the phone!

All is not lost.

No, its goes to go into recovery and just freezes. Im going to send it back to HTC for them to fix, they said its under warranty till 2012.

elderlemon wrote: »
    I sent back my Desire a couple of months ago which was rooted and had a custom rom installed. It came back fixed on warranty and with a little note to say they had reloaded my rom back into the phone!

All is not lost.

haha that was sound of them.

How did you send it to them? they said that ups don't do collections for them outside of the UK, so i have to send it myself, UPS and DHL will cost €50-€60 to send it to them full price of the phone insured, but thats too much, so i might do and anpost job and register it.

Maybe I was lucky - maybe the engineer that got the phone also mods his phones!

I didn't send it. Took it to Vodafone and said it was their problem. They packed it off and got it back to me.

haha that was sound of them.

How did you send it to them? they said that ups don't do collections for them outside of the UK, so i have to send it myself, UPS and DHL will cost €50-€60 to send it to them full price of the phone insured, but thats too much, so i might do and anpost job and register it.

• Advertisement

sent it off there through an post €7 registered and insured to €320 thats the max they do.

I would say they won't be able to fix it, i kinda broke the usb port on it about a month ago, take about 10 mins to find that it is connected to the computer and it wasn't found by any of the android sdk programs.

im just so happy that i done a full backup using titanium last week.

Advertisement