Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blank transponders on FTA scan

Options
  • 27-10-2010 6:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,021 ✭✭✭

I find when Im doing a scan on my FTA box (M Vision HD200 combo) Im getting a lot of transponders which give a 0% signal 0% quality reading particularly on 28E.

Is there a fault in my LNB (or reciever) or are these transponders which have gone out of use/changed frequency for some reason ?

Is there any way to update the transponder lists on my reciever (without having to laboriously manually edit/delete/insert them)

Ive seen recievers with a blind scan feature but they tend to get the frequencies and symbol rates slightly off and end up generating duplicate entries in respect of the same transponders.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

yes, you should be able to delete them

Domestic Blind scan simply try all the frequencies at a pretermined step and common symbol rates. The IF AFC results in multiples of the same.

Professional Blind scan uses FFT spectrum analyser. 1st pass finds the transponder frequencies, no matter what spacing and the it does FFT on the baseband I & Q to figure exact symbol rate for each transponder.

Advertisement