Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

indian restaurant in kilcock

Options
  • 27-10-2010 5:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭

has anybody being in the new indian in kilcock.
    Saffron its called,above Daveys pub.

on a seperate note- i have gotten takeaway from bigbites a few times and found it good.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭STForSale

There on saturday night and was quite impressed.
    Very comprenhesive menu including european dishes if someone
    in the party doesn't like indian food.
    Waiter was extremley helpful, menu explained and recommendations made.
    Food was excellent.
    Asked if everything was OK when we paid.
    A good dining experience by all accounts.

Only minor gripe would be no beer (shock horror) and the main
    course price does not include rice / chips.

Haven't tried bigbites yet, the dragon boat has a monopoly on my friday night takeaway!

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Curlz24

I was in Saffron last week,Found the Place itself to be modern yet cosy and comfortable!

Waiter was an Asain guy who was extremly helpfull!

Food was slow to come but very much worth waiting for,
    VERY very clean but as to be expected with somewhere new.

Somewhat expensive I thought but I am a Chinese fan so maybe thats the difference.

On Big Bites,I find it a bit bland and all tasting the same no matter what you get.
    Very hit and miss!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭Mink

We've been getting takeaway from there past several weeks. It's more expensive than chinese but about usual for a good indian.

If you collect takeaway you have to ask for the 10% off for collection (as advertised on their menus).

They always make me a dish that isn't on their menu which is nice. Have to say, very decent indian food altogether!

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭blueshed

thanks for the replies
    going to try a take away this evening.

will report back later

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭SQ2

Tried it out earlier, top marks. Decor is cosy, waiter very friendly and attentive, plenty of chat from the philipino/mullingar man! Food was spot on, even did an extra vindaloo sauce for me to try!
    I hope people use it enough to keep it open now, the italian bfore it had lovely food but was a bit cold in atmosphere, and service wasn't great, but was sorry to see it go.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭blueshed

right im going to start with the good.
    i got takeaway sat evening and i ordered the Safri lamb with pilau rice
    and this dish was brillant.
    the lamb was so tender and tasty.the dish just had the right amount spice fpr me.the rice was very good also.

the wife got chicken biryani and found it good,but could have done with a bit more taste.

now for the bad.
    i forgot about a previous report above where you must ask for your 10% discount for collection on takeaway.
    i never asked for it and never got it.
    it says on the menu that you get the discount but no mention about asking for it.
    imo this is mean and cheap trick.

they do an early bird menu in the resturant mon-fri but not the wend.
    i was there at 7.30 sat eve and not a single person havin a meal in the resturant.

i will give it another try but the 10% discount left a tiny sour taste.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Lambchops65

Hi,

I live in the area and called in a few weeks ago, looking for something different - not wanting the usual Chinese and Chippy.

Have to say was really impressed. I ordered a prawn korma, pilau rice and plain naan to take away. Whilst I was waiting for my food they sat me down and gave me a free orange juice and an Indian dessert (for me to try out). Was lovely and all foc.

The waiter (Asian guy) and his manager? were both really lovely and they reminded me about the 10% discount! They also gave me free pompodoms and chutneys. Would highly recommend

In relation to big bites and the Indian in Maynooth, I have eaten from both places numerous times too. Indain in Maynooth - lovely for a treat but more expensive and delivery to Kilcock is stupid money (is actually cheaper to order and pay delivery from Indian in Celbridge!) Really nice though. Big bites is great cos does good chippy food at the same time but Indian food is alot more fatty/greasy than Saffron.

Hope this helps

Advertisement