Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meindl Army Pro boots.

Options
  • 27-10-2010 4:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭

I am going investing in a new pair of boots I am using Stealth Force 8.0 Leather CT/CP and before them I had Magnum Elite II 8" Leather WP CT & Plate and have found them good.

But I have done a bit of browsing and found <mod edit> "Meindl Army Pro" <end edit> they seem to be a very good boot and I think it could be a good investment.

I no theres all kind of different people on this so someone might have used them and might let me know what there like.

The main reason I want them is for the winter when the frosty/snowy weather comes.

TN.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,269 ✭✭✭source

What you using them for? I had them in the mid size when I was in the FCA, but they're a bit clunky if you're AGS and you're using them for beat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭Tango November.

Im in the RED CROSS and I spend a lot of my time on the mountains.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

They're a very heavy boot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭47

I am going investing in a new pair of boots I am using Stealth Force 8.0 Leather CT/CP and before them I had Magnum Elite II 8" Leather WP CT & Plate and have found them good.

But I have done a bit of browsing and found <mod edit> "Meindl Army Pro" <end edit> they seem to be a very good boot and I think it could be a good investment.

I no theres all kind of different people on this so someone might have used them and might let me know what there like.

The main reason I want them is for the winter when the frosty/snowy weather comes.

TN.

They`re a freaking excellent pair of boots I cant recommend them enough. They`re extremely comfortable and durable I bought a pair of meindls six years ago and i still have them.They`re ideal for rough terrain and will last for a long long time..get em you wont regret it :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 805 ✭✭✭Irish_polizei

Lawd, i suggest you take a look at any of the "Haix" company boots, light and comfortable! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭fenris

Meindl Army Pro are excellent boots, I am on my second pair.
    They are very good for rough/boggy ground, lots of ankle support.

It is worth ditching the standard insoles for a pair of superfeet footbeds, they are the missing ingredient to make the boots fit really well.

For less rough areas or driving just leave the top couple of eyelets undone to give more ankle flexibility

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭Tango November.

Sorry about the link PSNI.

I will have a look at the HIAX aswel .

• Registered Users Posts: 4,084 ✭✭✭eroo

Lawd, i suggest you take a look at any of the "Haix" company boots, light and comfortable! :pac:

I see they moved you into the press office!!:p

• Registered Users Posts: 923 ✭✭✭coolmoose

HSE issued boots used to be Magnum, now they're COFRA...lightweight and do the job...but cheap too no doubt! :D

Saying that the zippers on my Cofra's have lasted longer than the zippers on the Magnums!

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭coach23

Ive had a pair of Meindle Army Gore since my recruit days in '03 still go through harsh times on the side of mountains, rivers, bog and the beat on occasion i used them for my first year on the beat and they were excellent don't hold a polish enough to keep the inspector happy but a brilliant boot and would recommend them for any outdoor use. Haix are issue boots now and i don't rate them at all. They do however make very good boots just not the ones issued to us! the website has all the range and some of these are provided to specialty units in many organisations.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 643 ✭✭✭opti76

i havea pair of mendls since 2004 fantastic boot very comfortable great support. the sole has split now so i need new pair

• Registered Users Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭martinr5232

I had a pair of Meindl army pro for years great boots only thing I could fault them on was they were very slippery on wet surfaces.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Brixworkwear

Could i suggest a Boot with something like CrossTech built in to it. Your old magnums would have had it. It is a waterproof lining from Gore-Tex that also protects against blood borne pathogens. If you want something different from Magnums two suitable boots from haix are probably the airpower X1 it is a full S3 boot (steel toe/plate and waterproof) and very hard wearing (its a very meaty looking boot). The second is a GSG9-S. It is used by tactical/swat teams the world over however it is a non-Safety boot. Both of these have the Cross Tech built in.

If it is purely for the mountains you want it I would suggest a HAIX Montana (non safety) it is a fantastic looking boot chocolate brown and really comfortable. If it has to be black the Tibet is more or less the same boot. The Tibet also comes in a safety version (with chainsaw protection so it may be a little over kill). However neither of these have the CrossTech built in.

TLDR; If it is for your work in the Red Cross get something with a CrossTech (or similar) lining. If you just want it for walking/Hiking the montana is a great choice, High Leg and water proof.

Advertisement