Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

rugs??

Options
  • 27-10-2010 4:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 302 ✭✭

im lookng to buy a new rug for a 15.2 cob. last two rugs have been shredded to bits always getting herself tangled in briars or on occassion barbed wire.need something durable but not overly expensive (us lowly poor students can afford only so much :o) any ideas? thanks in advance.

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,482 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

I got a nice full neck heavy outdoor rug from Berneys(their own range) for €150 for Bob, couldn't stump up the €300 + for a Rambo, as I reckon he'll be a shredder. So far, so good. The neck is attached so on mild days I just tuck it under the body.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Horsemania

Hi, Shires have a Winter Highlander with 600 denier and 200g filling for €74.99, Hope its not too much, and its of some help. The higher the ballistic (something to do with the weave of the fabric so it does not rip as easily) properties the higher the price aswell sadly. So for a 2000 denier its €174.99. But I have seen winter turnouts on ebay that you can pick up for €50.00 with postage to Ireland included, but you have to be sure about what your getting and the size though. Happy Hunting :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 302 ✭✭lallychops

Horsemania wrote: »
    Hi, Shires have a Winter Highlander with 600 denier and 200g filling for €74.99, Hope its not too much, and its of some help. The higher the ballistic (something to do with the weave of the fabric so it does not rip as easily) properties the higher the price aswell sadly. So for a 2000 denier its €174.99. But I have seen winter turnouts on ebay that you can pick up for €50.00 with postage to Ireland included, but you have to be sure about what your getting and the size though. Happy Hunting :)

thanks :) just wondering...have you heard of a website called Equipet?

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭Pipsie Pie

Hey, yea Equipet have a big store in Navan and Ashbourne. They stock all the Horseware stuff and a few other ranges. Very good to deal with. If you give them a call they'd be happy to help or put one on hold if you want to call in. The Ashbourne store is only 15 mins from the M50.
    I bought my last rug from them :)

Would also recommend www.equestrianclearance.com. Have ordered from them before and had no problems.... they seem to have seem great value on rugs too

• Registered Users Posts: 13,271 ✭✭✭✭fits

www.premierequine.co.uk sell great rugs direct from the manufacturer. I have my eye on the stormbuster.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭Alibear

Cheaper rugs seem to last longer with my horse :D Certain brands like Mackey fit him much better than Horseware rugs, which really rub his shoulders.

What weight are you looking for? I would really recommend the Mackey rugs as they're very durable and fit well.

Advertisement