Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Movember 2010

Options
  • 27-10-2010 4:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,836 ✭✭✭

Hi Everybody, just thought i should leave you all know that the newly reformed UCC Management and Marketing society in association with the Students Union are organizing a recruitment drive for Movember 2010.

For those of you unaware, the purpose of Movember is to raise awareness for Mens health and in particular prostate cancer and to raise money towards this very worthy cause.

So what do i do you ask? Its simple, we are looking for guys to grow a moustache for the month of November and try and get friends/family to sponsor this facial fuzz.

Rules are simple: start November 1st clean shaven and then just let that bad boy grow for the month!

If you are of the female persuasion or haven't quite hit puberty yet you can always donate to the cause! The Management and Marketing Society will be having an awards night at the end of the month to celebrate UCC's best moustaches and the winners will be added to our Moustache Hall of Fame Presentation. More details of this event will follow in the coming weeks and we encourage everyone to come along and join the fun!

If you want to sign up, a stand will be located outside the library tomorrow between 12 and 2. If that time doesn't suit you then you can always register by following the link below. Remember to enter UCC Movember when it asks what team you are on

http://ie.movember.com/register/details

You can also add UCC Movember on facebook to keep up with the latest goings on.

Grow a tasche, raise some cash and join the moustache revolution!:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭ReacherCreature

Doing it yourself deise?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,836 ✭✭✭deisedude

Doing it yourself deise?

Yep, i am indeed. Going to go for the Hulk Hogan look:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,863 ✭✭✭Papa_Lazarou

If only i actually had the ability to grow facial hair.... :(

If only i actually had the ability to grow facial hair.... :(

Still plenty of opportunity to get involved such as making a donation or attending the awards night:o

• Registered Users Posts: 23 G1987

Hi there guys and girls,

Please consider donating - I am part of the UCC Movember team. So far I've raised €342 and I'm far from done so far.

If you would like to donate, please send a few euros to me thru this link::

http://ie.movember.com/donate/your-details/member_id/1074516/

Good work deisedude!

• Advertisement

G1987 wrote: »
    Hi there guys and girls,

Please consider donating - I am part of the UCC Movember team. So far I've raised €342 and I'm far from done so far.

If you would like to donate, please send a few euros to me thru this link::

http://ie.movember.com/donate/your-details/member_id/1074516/

Good work deisedude!

Well done!:o

Just some updates on the Movember campaign for everyone
    Movember Quiz in the Old Bar Wednesday 17th at 8:30. €2 per person so get your team ready!

In the New Bar on the 30th of November at 8pm UCC Management and Marketing Society in association with the Students Union present a Movember Awards night to celebrate all those brave men who grew moustaches to combat Prostate Cancer. Events on the night include: Awards presentation, ceremonial shaving of the tasches, a presentation of the Moustache Hall of Fame and loads more to be announced. Finger food and club concessions will also be provided

Advertisement