Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dispute with wl tonto

Options
  • 27-10-2010 3:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

*el tonto

Over a ban from cycling.

I had a question. Post thread. No reply. Bump a few times (very non-excessive in my book) over the course of a week or two. Banned.

Cycling is a very busy forum. A new thread can easily be on the second or third page within a day or so without getting very many views. I wasn't interrupting other peoples discussions. I just wanted to hear from regular posters if they could help me. Is that so bad? I think not.

Please resolve.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

Resolution is straightforward in this case.

You posted a question, then bumped the thread three days in a row. The moderator then posted this warning on the thread:
    el tonto wrote: »
    You've bumped this thread three days in a row. That's enough now.

EDIT:
    Biy wrote: »
    I thought bumping it only once per day was reasonable. Is it not?
    No, it's not. Stop doing it. Arguing with the mods on thread is also against the rules.

You left it alone for five days, then bumped it again, twice, and argued with the mod on the thread about the warning. You were then banned for one week for ignoring the moderator warning (the ban was for the second bump, you weren't banned for the first bump after the warning on the 19th - that was the bump that got the EDIT in the mod warning, so in effect you actually ignored two mod warnings not to bump the thread, not one warning about bumping and one about arguing on the thread, as I first read).

I can see no reason to overturn this ban, it appears perfectly justified.

Advertisement