Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Desire on 3 mobile

Options
  • 27-10-2010 2:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I think im going to buy a desire on the Three mobile network. Its cheap enough and is about as good a deal as you'll get with regards to monthly bills. Only thing im worried about is the reception.

Is it any good around the country? Im in dublin at the moment but make regular trips down to offaly and galway so would like decent reception in all those places (the biggest worry is offaly as i live in the country side)...

Would like to hear from a few of ye that might be in the know!
    Thanks!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

I have no problem with 3 and the coverage, when 3 isn't available, you hop on to the vodafone network, so shouldn't be a problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭tipperary

If in doubt you could always invest €10 in a 3 simcard to check the reception (provided you have an unlocked phone). Alternatively you could sign up, and if reception not satisfactory then return phone and cancel contract within 14 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭wobbles-grogan

tipperary wrote: »
    If in doubt you could always invest €10 in a 3 simcard to check the reception (provided you have an unlocked phone). Alternatively you could sign up, and if reception not satisfactory then return phone and cancel contract within 14 days.

Ah, i like this! Thanks. Looks like im gonna buy one so...

• Registered Users Posts: 28,120 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Ah, i like this! Thanks. Looks like im gonna buy one so...

Your going to be fine for reception everywhere don't worry about that, but using a 3 sim in a non 3 phone won't give you a proper experience as the phone is not set up for their network. 3 work off 2 signals, their own 3G network and Vodafone's 2G network.
    Get the phone your after and if you have reception problems (which I bet you won't) they'll allow you to return it.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,331 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

I have the desire on three and use it around the country. No complaints...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭wobbles-grogan

Yep, gonna tip down after work and pick it up!

Thanks all...

• Registered Users Posts: 28,120 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

First app you should get is Hullomail, it avoids those voicemail charges.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭ooter

does anyone know if the 3 desire's are sim free?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,466 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

And it's gone. No longer listed on their website.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Bob the Builder

ooter wrote: »
    does anyone know if the 3 desire's are sim free?
    No, they're not. Been there, tried that :)
    Get the phone your after and if you have reception problems (which I bet you won't) they'll allow you to return it.

Just make sure you hold onto the packaging in good condition. And the sim card too. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭clevtrev

have to disagree regarding coverage with 3. Had lots of problem at home in Dublin and at work near Celbridge with calls dropping, poor reception, delayed / lost texts. No issues since I moved back to O2

Advertisement