Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving from Eircom to UPC Broadband

Options
  • 27-10-2010 12:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭

I am about to move from EIRCOM Broadband to UPC Broadband. (Dublin, Donnybrook)
    However, I am not quite sure if I have to change my RIPE set of 16 IP adresses as well.
    We need for several services at least 5 IP adresses.

The PREMIUM 30M package from UPC includes 2 static IP adresses. The Sales guy from UPC told us that in a couple of weeks time they provide 100M which would provide more static addresses.

Anybody who can give some advice.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

I don't think UPC give static IPs, they give a dynamic address that rarely changes, but it could. I wouldn't believe a word a sales guy told you, unless you have it in writing. 100Mbps has been coming soon for months now, and it sounds though he was just telling you what you wanted to hear about giving more IP addresses.

edit: I see that for the Premium Business package that static IPs are actually available. I still wouldn't count on more being available when/if the 100Mbps service becomes available.

Advertisement