Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Renting- much leeway with the price?

Options
  • 27-10-2010 11:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭

Hi Guys,

Looking at renting an apartment at the moment, just wondering if anyone has moved into a new place recently and whether you found there was room to maneuver with the prices advertised? If so, how much on average?
    Fair enough most places have come down a fair bit, houses have especially but one or two places I've looked at seem to still be over estimating what they can charge.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭Builderfromhell

Recently negotiated the rent of a 4 bedroom, 4 bathroom house in centre of town with private parking, small garden for 850 down from 1,200 p.m.
    One thing I did notice while searching was that landlords realised they had to renovate properties in order to attract people. However, there are still a lot of kips out there.
    Renting through estate agents is very frustrating with few if any photos on web, not enough info. and EA not truning up for viewing or arriving very late. I much prefer dealing with owners directly.

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Wheelsonthebus

Recently negotiated the rent of a 4 bedroom, 4 bathroom house in centre of town with private parking, small garden for 850 down from 1,200 p.m.

You did well there.

Ya you're probably right, it's just most of the places I've been interested in are been shown by management companies, would be easier to negotiate with the owner, but I'm sure the management company get their cut so might be hard to get them down substantially.

Advertisement