Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Carlton Millrace Hotel Bunclody

Options
  • 27-10-2010 9:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 19,017 ✭✭✭✭

Just booked 2 nights room only for myself and the Mrs for €72.00 in total.

They are running a 6th birthday promotion where you book the first night for €66.00 and the second costs €6.00

havent stayed there before, but for that price, its worth a try for a couple of nights:

http://www.carltonmillracehotel.com/birthday

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭tw0nk

if you play golf, there is a great course across the road from it

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭shivers27

Sounds like a great offer. Has anyone been to Bunclody before ? Is ther much to do ther ?

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭fergm

You can also get 8% cash back using bethrifty

• Registered Users Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭bazwaldo

shivers27 wrote: »
    Sounds like a great offer. Has anyone been to Bunclody before ? Is ther much to do ther ?

Been there with the family twice but stayed in their apartments across from main hotel. The hotel is nice and breakfast is as good as I've had from a buffet. The pool is quite small but adequate.

The town is small. Very well kept and quaint. There are a number of gardens and heritage sites very nearby (10 mins drive).

I've always really enjoyed my stay however it was the summer and the kids went to a club in the evening and the apartments have loads of space. So its not as comparable as going this time of year and staying in a standard room.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,622 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Town is very small, long street with shops/pubs/post office etc on both sides parking, in the middle, wouldn't be a lot to do in the Winter around.
    Rooms are good and what you'd expect for a 4 Star Hotel, pool isn't the biggest (as said already) @ 18m but it's fine but there is a Gym and Spa.
    Groups tend to take the apartments (or the staff put them there) as it's located across from the Hotel which means sometimes it can get a bit noisey.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭thundercatho

Stayed there before and didnt think the hotel was great. Not a great road, In the middle of nowhere and nothing to do in the town.....

• Registered Users Posts: 19,017 ✭✭✭✭adox

Going there next Tuesday and Wednesday so will let you know what its like.

I dont mind it being in the middle of nowhere as I will be driving. Hope the hotel`s not too bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭freshfruit

We were there this weekend for 108 Euro room only. So great bargain you got. Its situated below Mount Leinster, nice area for hikes. Nice restaurant just beside it bia alainn. The hotel has a nice pool and jacuzzi with sauna and steam rooms. Good for families.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭hitman79

Stayed there earlier this year. Wasn't overly impressed with the room to be honest but the dinner was top notch :D

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭normanbond

stayed there early this year. lovely hotel. golf club across the road has the best practise ground that i've played on. fab clubhouse and food. great golf course. hotel type elevator from 17th green to 18th tee box.

• Advertisement

Well here at the moment, spending our second night and not overly impressed to be honest. Three star quality at most I would say. Rooms are basic in the extreme and the walls are unbelieveably thin, with little or no sound proofing.

Had the carvery for lunch on the first day and it was awful. Had dinner tonight in the much talked about restaurant upstairs and that was a disappointment. without going in to too much detail, if the chef can't cook meat to order, what hope has it got?

On the plus side, my wife said the spa wa very good. Also there is a fabulous restaurant next door call Ben Alainn( i think!) and the food is really top notch, miles better than the hotels restaurant.

Still, we paid little or nothing for the room and have enjoyed the last couple of days in this part of the country, despite the issues with the hotel. We a heading across to Mount Wolsely tomorrow for one night, so hopefully thats a bit better.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,136 ✭✭✭rameire

adox wrote: »
    Also there is a fabulous restaurant next door call Ben Alainn( i think!) and the food is really top notch, miles better than the hotels restaurant.

I would say its called Bia Alainn....tripadvisor.co.uk - Restaurant_Review

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

rameire wrote: »
    I would say its called Bia Alainn....tripadvisor.co.uk - Restaurant_Review

Yeah that's the one. Really excellent food.

Advertisement