Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Hoyt Horizon

Options
  • 26-10-2010 11:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20

Just wondering has anybody shot this bow yet or have any inclination to its quality. Hoyt are known for there quality but this is an affordable bow. To bring down its price have they compromised on quality etc.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭Panserborn

Its a very new bow so I doubt anyone has it yet. The budget Hoyt bows have always been very good though, which is why their "budget" bows are generally more pricey compared to budget bows from other companies.

The Horizon looks to be an upgrade of the Formula Excel which uses the new limb system. One thing to carefully consider, is that the Formula Excel could only use limbs designed for this limb system - its not international fitting so the only limb options are the F2, F3 and the F4. I think this is the same with the Horizon. Although by all accounts these limbs are very good, you won't be able to try any other ones nor buy limbs from other companies and mix and match, as many of us like to do.

Like I said though, haven't heard a bad thing about the limbs yet, but if you're an experimenter who likes to find the riser / limb match thats just right you will be limited. Might affect the sell-on value in the future as well.

All these are just ponderings, I recommend getting second opinions, particularly from someone who has shot either a Formula, or a Formula Excel.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,975 Mod ✭✭✭✭greysides

Panserborn wrote: »

The Horizon looks to be an upgrade of the Formula Excel which uses the new limb system. One thing to carefully consider, is that the Formula Excel could only use limbs designed for this limb system - its not international fitting so the only limb options are the F2, F3 and the F4. I think this is the same with the Horizon.

The Horizon is an ILF/HDS riser. the only two Formula risers are the RX and the Formula Excel.

http://www.hoytrecurve.com/recurve_bows/details/horizon

1.png
    Horizon and Excel provide high performance at starter bow prices. Horizon is a 25" HDS riser with a simplified, easy to use pivot block alignment system, while Excel comes in lengths and mass weights ideal for small-statured shooters and beginning youth archers.

The aim of argument, or of discussion, should not be victory, but progress. Joseph Joubert

The ultimate purpose of debate is not to produce consensus. It's to promote critical thinking.

Adam Grant

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Bullzi

This is a link to a customer review from the merlin archery website.
    http://www.soapbox-reviews.net/cgi-bin/iwsoapbox.dll/EXEC/0/1v10xl3109zwn41h8ifls09dw6fu

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭Panserborn

greysides wrote: »
    The Horizon is an ILF/HDS riser. the only two Formula risers are the RX and the Formula Excel.

Yup, you're right! Apologies! :D

Advertisement