Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any Table Quizzes Around??

Options
  • 26-10-2010 11:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭

Hey guys. Myself and my other half recently moved to the city (North Circular Road) and we're looking for a few things to do, to get us out of the house as much as anything else. Does anyone know of any pubs in the city that do regular table quizzes?

Also, we're open to any suggestions on clubs/societies/meetups whatever so if there's something you'd reccommend, please feel free to post them here

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Amazotheamazing

Hi Gav, bit of an odd one, but JJ Bowles pub in Thomondgate run a short, good natured table quiz every Thursday, kicks off around half 10, teams of four, free entry, 30 questions and the winning team gets three free pints for each member. The quiz probably lasts 20 minutes in total, can be a bit of fun.

They also run free bingo nights on Monday but I've yet to brave that particular one, supposed to be great fun though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

Regional United are organising one soon.....I'll check if I can find the details.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,270 ✭✭✭source

Coming into winter, there's usually at least one every week in different pubs around the city. Keep an eye on the Post, Leader and the local radio.

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭houndsoflove

The Limerick Animal Welfare are holding a table quiz in Bobby byrnes pub on O' Connell Avenue next thursday november 4th at 7:30pm. :)

Check out www.limerickanimalwelfare.com

You would be helping a good charity.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭gaf1983

There's one in aid of Shannon Rugby Club's underage teams in the Ardhu on the Ennis Road next week, think 5th of November.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

Regional Utd's one is on Monday 8th November at 8pm in Collins Bar; a table of 4 is €40.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Cool Runnings

Limerick Order Of Malta Ambulance Corps are holding a charity table quiz in aid of the Lourdes 2011 fund.

To be held in Patrick Punches Hotel , Punches Cross , Limerick on 18th November 2010 .

Registration at 7.30, quiz commences at 08.00

Raffle on the night with some great spot prizes

Table of four €20

Strictly over 18's only .

Advertisement