Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NBA Betting

Options
  • 26-10-2010 10:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13,329 ✭✭✭✭

New basketball season begins tonight, with all eyes on the all-new Miami Heat lineup and their rather glamourous curtain-raiser with the Celtics.

Anyone follow basketball or bet on it? I'm no expert but I have a buddy who is an NBA player with a mid-to-low-ranking east coast team so I've been to quite a few games.

I don't know an awful lot about betting on it but am hoping to find some value this season, I'm going to see how the first few weeks pan out. But I saw tonight that PP are giving the same price for the handicap Boston +1.5, as they are for a Boston win! I know it's a tiny margin but betting on Boston is 10/11, betting on Boston +1.5pts is also 10/11 so why would you ever take the first one?

I'm taking Celtics + 1.5 @ 10/11 in a double with Lakers -7.0 @ 10/11.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

Its a pity the price is wrong but in Paddy's direction so betting on the Handicap +1.5 @ 10/11 is the true line. Boston should be 11/10 w/o the handicap.

Opr

• Registered Users Posts: 13,329 ✭✭✭✭8-10

opr wrote: »
    Its a pity the price is wrong but in Paddy's direction so betting on the Handicap +1.5 @ 10/11 is the true line. Boston should be 11/10 w/o the handicap.

Opr

w/o looks better then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

I used to follow NBA religiously,must be the 07/08 season since I've really watched it properly. It's strange now if I flick on a game looking at all the new look teams. I miss the Pistons and their dominance with Ben Wallace,Tayshaun Prince,Chauncy Billups,Rip Hamilton and the other starter that I can't seem to remember.

Miami now 6/1 in running, 2nd quarter.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

I will be running a log on the new N.B.A seaon.

• Advertisement

Lebron ripped the Celtics apart in the 3rd!

Opr

opr wrote: »
    Lebron ripped the Celtics apart in the 3rd!

Opr

Yeah Celtics bet is good though. This Heat team will destroy a lot of teams this season.

8-10 wrote: »
    Yeah Celtics bet is good though. This Heat team will destroy a lot of teams this season.

Would have been gutting to have lost that bet as the Heat should have been dead and buried but always nice to get a sweat at the end when you come out on top, makes it all the sweeter :p It will take a while for the Heat to gel but showing signs in the second half that if that happens they will be formidable team.

Opr

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Been given a tip for the Bulls +6 @ Thunder tonight. What do you guys think?

I am trying to get back more into the NBA this season so others may have better analysis.

I think 6pt is a big handicap that should be a more even in the betting on paper. That said Bulls have lots of new faces and may take time to gel and are without the main addition this season Carlos Boozer who is injured. Oklahoma have home court and Durant is one of the favourites for this seasons MVP with many believing the Bulls have no one close to being able to guard him properly. I think Oklahoma will win but not sure they will cover the spread so close one to call in my eyes.

I could see a night when Durant shines and destroys a Bulls team that just haven't had enough time to click yet.

Should be a great game and really looking forward to it.

Opr

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

I'll give it a miss so opr, don't like betting on unproven teams and if the Bulls haven't had time to gel, I'll leave it at that. I've been given a better tip for the baseball later anyway :pac:

Edit: Ended up going with Jazz +4, Bucks +3, and over 214 in the Nicks/Raptors.

Advertisement