Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Working in a Ski Resort??

Options
  • 26-10-2010 9:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hey!
    Recently graduated with a degree in property economics and obviously jobs prospects are few and far between! Decided to go on a J1 with a difference and literally worked my arse off caddying for the summer, made great money and now i'v just recently arrived home to the doom and gloom!!
    Seriously considering getting on a plane in the next few weeks to go working in a ski resort somewhere in Europe! Anybody have any previous experience in doing this or know any info that would be helpful?
    Cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,208 ✭✭✭Fattes

Great Choice, The ideal job is bar work but it is hard to come bye. I would start with WWW.NATIVES.CO.UK job site for season workers.Had you any resorts in mind? I can reccomend Austria or France. THe other option would be to look at Canada?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 walshmeister

Thanks a mill! Yeah iv heard about Val d'Isere/ Courchevel/ Tignes???
    Have you done this before and if so where did u work??

• Registered Users Posts: 17 matluka

Munich is a great base to start, there are loads of Irish pubs in Munich, and the ski resorts are only up the road...Kitzbuhel is fab.

I worked in Munich as a chef for a few years and had great time off, we always went to Kitz on our days off....we would head up on sunday evening after work and stay Mon, Tue and come back to Munich on a Wed afternoon.

There are also loads of english speaking companies based in Munich, check out Munichfound or the Munich Irish rovers FC website. Good Luck and enjoy;)

Advertisement