Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

It's been a while

• 26-10-2010 7:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭

Went years not reading books, also went a whole 18 months writing no more than my name, address and date of birth in one go. Back to college last year and this year I've started reading on the bus, 12 hours a week is a lot of time to kill. :pac:

Over the last month I've read:
    Friday Night Lights. Enjoyed it a lot but it wasn't a sports-oriented as I'd hoped. In terms of giving a socio-economic description of the area over time it was very good. I actually quite like such books but it wasn't what I was expecting in this case.

God is not Great. Brilliant book. Hitchens is an awesomely good writer. He somehow manages to keep a pace the whole way through the book which may sound hard given the subject matter. His writing is great to read as well.

The God Delusion. Meh. Not awful, but having read God is not Great first it was obvious that Dawkins isn't a journalist or a novelist. The book gets a bit repetitive and same-y as it goes on.

Not sure how many more books I'll be reading the next while, I've run out of books following an Amazon splurge over the summer and have 10-12 issues of Private Eye to catch up on. :pac:

Advertisement