Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

b&b or hotel near the black forge inn, drimnigh road

Options
  • 26-10-2010 7:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭

just wondering do ye no of a hotel or b&b near the black forge inn on drimnigh road dublin? I dont no the location very well so any help appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,963 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

None up that way I know of, there's two in Inchicore I know of Glencore House and Glenkeen House, both are on Tyrconnell Rd. There's a good few along the South Circular Road too, google should get you names. Nearest hotel would probably be the Red Cow. All about 10 mins driving distance from Black Forge, about €6 in a taxi.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Krusader

There might be a B&B on the Drimnagh Rd, there was always a house with a B&B sign on it

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭boxermad

found a hotel parkwest near clondalkin is were im going to stay i think, just wondering would the car be safe to park it outside the black forge during the nite?

boxermad wrote: »
    just wondering would the car be safe to park it outside the black forge during the nite?

I wouldn't personnally.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭cosmic

I wouldn't personnally.

+ 1 to this. You could park up the road in the Children's Hospital but it'll cost you. Would probably be cheaper to get a taxi from Park West.

• Advertisement

I wouldn't personnally.

Just adding to this actually, I wouldn't because usually seeing a car outside a pub/in their car park at around 5am usually gives potential robbers a hint.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭Danye

I have often parked my car outside over night and never had any problems and the same with my friends. There is a taxi base beside the pub so there is always plenty about.

But as others have said you could always get a taxi..wouldnt be much more than €10/12.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 gotz

Sticking with the tropic of the Black Forge

Thinking of heading out that way some weekend from town. Most likely a Saturday for the full day

The food menu looksw pretty good.

What's the drink and the prices like?? For the normal stuff you get everywhere else like. Not talking crafts or cocktails or any that stuff

Paid 6 quid in town other day for pint. Maybe I'm not with the times from lockdown but I am keen to give the Forge a try. As I say it will be an all dayer. Only going out of town for this place, so everything rests on it for the day.

Yeah so any you guys out that way???

Food seems good to me price and quality wise from what I've been reading

But what about the drink??

Prices?? They have all the usual stuff together with their crafts and own creative stuff?? Looking at making a day of in out there

Whats the verdict

• Registered Users Posts: 13,393 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Dude, this thread is 12 years old. You might have better luck if you start a new thread in a busier forum. MMA, maybe, it's where all the McGregor fanboys hang out.

• Advertisement

lol ok

just thought i'd be batted down for posting off topic over there

I'll try

• Registered Users Posts: 28,818 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Would you not just go and try it out?

What's the worst that could happen, you don't like it and go somewhere else?

Honestly would if I could

Its for a few of us that normally stick to town (usually a few places north city down round connolly st.)

whenever everyone has the weekend off that is.

f##k it if its gonna cost a bit more we'll just put more aside for it. just to know what to expect and not to have to tell few lads it's back to town we go :D

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,745 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Its a pub. Its a very generic pub. Its not a destination for a day.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭vandriver

The food is class.

If you're going the weekend, I'd say book a table. The queues outside every Friday, Sat & even Sunday can be a bit mad.

Cheers.

Last 3 answers there think sum it up

I'll ask them myself about staying on whether there is time limits at table.

Everything checks out the way i was expecting especially for weekends.

Busy, good food, but not all dayers place. check check and check

Head out to it for while, do our thing for a bit then head back into town

• Registered Users Posts: 6,811 ✭✭✭Alkers

I've.only.ever been in the lounge, where food.is served but there is also a bar which might be better if you're planning on staying for ages.

Food is excellent and we'll priced, drinks are normal Dublin prices, decor is lovely inside and staff are good. I've only.been there for brunch and midweek dinner, not been in on a busy night.

Some questionable clientele.

Bus or taxi to city centre is only 5km so it's not really out of the way if you wanna go back to town after

Cheers

Lol we're coming out of town from the north side, im sure be nothing we haven't seen in our own spots. We'll just stick to ourselves anyway

All us are sports mad so if fixtures or events fall in our favour it will revolve around those things too

Advertisement