Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Car Just got stolen

Options
  • 26-10-2010 6:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭

Well lads, my car just got stolen earlier from the mk gym car park over in mount kennet place in the city centre, its a black 94 nissan micra..was talking to the guards and the insurance company bout it, so annoyed, if ye can keep an eye out for the car it would be much appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Sorry to hear that Dave! Hope you find it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭slinky2000

Mt Kennett is geting worse everytime I go past it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭dave 27

What harm but im only on the road since friday like, taxed it and insured it on friday! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭moonshadow

Bad luck buddy..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

was it today ?

saw a burnt out micra on little o curry street on sunday afternoon.

could be a swap the plates job

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 918 ✭✭✭Agent_99

Sorry to hear that Dave, Will keep an eye out!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,279 ✭✭✭ronanc15

Have you checked all the usual spots?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 17,424 ✭✭✭✭Conor Bourke

Anything particularly remarkable about it? Make it easier to spot, like?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Limerick_Lass

Sorry to hear that dave 27 ... scumbags

• Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭Builderfromhell

Cancel your insurance so you'll get refund.
    Not sure if you can get refund on Car tax.

Shouldn't cost much to replace a 94 Micra.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭firesidechat

:D
    Isn't that why we have insurance in the first place ?

Even the basic policies cover fire and theft.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,095 ✭✭✭johndaman66

Sorry to hear that dave27, and your only driving a few days...thats tough luck. If its anything like my father 1994 Nissan Sunny it would probably actually be very easy to steal...Oddly almost any key at all will open the door and start the car:eek: Would imagine its probably due to wear in the barrells. Will keep an eye out for you and mention if I see any odd activity invloving a 94' Micra

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 17,424 ✭✭✭✭Conor Bourke

I got a refund on tax on a car I wrote off a few years back. Conveniently I had taxed it for 6 months at the beginning of Feb, smashed it on the 27th, got the 5 months back! Worth asking at least

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭Mits

Sorry to hear about you car. I hope there was nothing of value inside.

I've had 5 cars stolen from me in total. It is only a piece of metal and you will get over it. I caught 4 kids stealing my car once, when I tackled them they left the car but I got a beaten. So it could have been worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭Firefox11

Sorry to hear about your car. I used to live down in Mt Kennett years ago and it was ok back then. Now the place reminds me of something out of a Dickens Novel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 967 ✭✭✭Jigga

Terrible luck Dave, same thing happened friend of mine recently. His car was found in Castleconell with everything inside stolen even the license but at least it wasn't burnt out. Best of luck to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

Sorry to hear it Dave - Its a miserable thing to happen, in a few weeks time you'll be sorted with new wheels and it will all be behind you.
    Mits wrote: »
    Sorry to hear about you car. I hope there was nothing of value inside.

I've had 5 cars stolen from me in total. It is only a piece of metal and you will get over it. I caught 4 kids stealing my car once, when I tackled them they left the car but I got a beaten. So it could have been worse.

Where are you living?

- I've heard of certain parts of the City and Suburbs where People had gotten so sick of waking up to an empty driveway (or screeching tires) that they would have to fit kill-switches in the ignition circuitry, remove engine components, and chain the gear lever down :(

Corbally seems to have a very high incidence of Car crime for some reason.

- Also I was around MK Gym a good few times over the past few months and it is fcuking lethal down there, lots of Scumbags drinking Cider, punching each other, hassling passers-by and falling around the streets.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭padma

It happened to me 2 days before Christmas last year. Had to rent a car from my santa money to bring presents to my daughter in Dublin for Christmas. It is a nuisance. Took the insurance company 4 weeks to issue the cheque, though the Guards found the car that night burnt out. If they didn't find it I was told it could take months to settle my claim. Hopefully you may get a 96 Nissan out of it instead of a 94.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭dave 27

Thanks for all the replies guys, much appreciated.

Got a call from the guards last night, it was found destroyed out near the young munster rugby ground near lidl by punches cross.

The bad news: Its a total ride off, apparently according to the guards, 2 young fellas went on a joy ride with it so wont be able to get it back, its in a scrap yard where the guards are searching for fingerprints etc.
    I liked the micra, ok it wasnt the greatest car but i liked it, had nice leather seats in it, only had 72,000 miles in it and was absolutely in immaculate condition so kinda sickened in that sence.

The good news: Fair play to the guards for getting on the case this quickly, i have to say they were really helpful, I will be getting the years worth of tax back, the insurance company will give me money for the claim and i was paying direct debit for the insurance which i payed nothing for yet as it was only last friday when i got it insured! so im going to cancel the insurance and look for a car when i get things sorted out..so could have been a whole lot worse!

thanks again for the help guys :)

Sorry you didnt get the car back - best of luck in finding a new car!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭majnus

I used to live at Windmill, just next to mount kennet 2 years ago, and i have to say that the area is full of scum and fcuk-ups. I used to park my car on the street as i didn't have a spot on a parking, and one cun* from mount kennet just smashed my windows, apparently looking for something but didn't actually steal anything (??). The claim was below my excess on my policy so had to cover all damage from my pocket! So annoying. The security watched the CCTV and there he was, didn't give a fcuk about camera pointing at him, the guy who was actually arrested, as far as i remember, twice in previous week for the same thing!! How come he was still breaking into the cars?? I bet he's still doing it, and he don't give a fcuk about anything.
    Since I moved out from there, I'm avoiding this place, it got so dangerous recently...

• Registered Users Posts: 17,770 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Lol at the "cancel your insurance" advice - his car's just been stolen FFS

• Registered Users Posts: 4,095 ✭✭✭johndaman66

majnus wrote: »
    the guy who was actually arrested, as far as i remember, twice in previous week for the same thing!! How come he was still breaking into the cars?? I bet he's still doing it, and he don't give a fcuk about anything.

Because this country is fu*ked up. In the first instance there is obviously one set of laws for the rich and one set of laws for the poor. The poor sucker who is on the breadline and doesn't pay his tv license or motor tax up to date is turfed into prision while Sean Fitzpatrick and the like are given special preferential treatment and nicities at the High court. A door of his own not available to the general public and refined afternoon tea with barristers in their own sumptous back room....what the fu*k is all that about? Dont want to pull this thread off topic so as to turn it into a political debate but I believe you can blame yourself if you consistently voted in obviously corrupt Fianna Fail governments...don't bother complaining.

Even lower down the pecking order the guy on the breadline who lets the motor tax go or doesn't pay the TV license is probably more likely to do prision time than the society scum who goes about vandalising other peoples property or threatening weaker members of society. They often have numerous previous convictions but yet are let free to walk the streets again. Now am not condoning driving without motor tax but things need to be looked at in context I believe. OK, rant over.

OP, I'm glad you are begining to get closure on this. Hardly ideal, you will probably be out of pocket somewhat rather than these scumbags dole being confiscated or some arrangement like that (that would be too much like common sense). Hopefully your insurance won't be loaded heavily as a result of this

• Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭Builderfromhell

keane2097 wrote: »
    Lol at the "cancel your insurance" advice - his car's just been stolen FFS

Perhaps I didn't make myself clear. Make insurance claim and then cancel insurance policy.

Advertisement