Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flying with a Gasric Band

Options
  • 26-10-2010 5:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

I had the surgery a couple of years ago and was given the impression that I would require it to be "unfilled" for a long haul flight. As I am travelling in a few weeks on a 12 hour flight, I rang a couple of clinics who gave me contradicting stories as to what I should do. They maintained that it was unnecessary to have this done, but, I would like to know if anyone has had this problem and what did you do?!.

Any advice?!.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭lonestargirl

You really need to contact the doctor/clinic at which you had your surgery. They will have all the specifics relevant to your situation and should be able to advise you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 roryb3

You really need to contact the doctor/clinic at which you had your surgery. They will have all the specifics relevant to your situation and should be able to advise you.

I had contacted them and they mentioned that I needed to have some saline removed before the flight. I spoke with othere consultants who were confused as to why I was told that. I'm begining to think the wool is being pulled over my eyes! It cost Euro 180 to have some Saline removed and Euro 180.00 to have it put back in when I return. Thas Euro 360.00!!!

Advertisement