Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mixerman Book ...

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,277 ✭✭✭DamagedTrax

only released and not in european stores yet but definitly looking forward to it :D

he's mentioned a digital copy will be available too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,892 ✭✭✭madtheory

From what I've read of previews on his forum, it's not as good as Mixing with your Mind, and I think it's weighted too much towards opinion rather than fact.

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭alan kelly

Not too sure bout the zen part but might be interested in the mixing bit ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 282 ✭✭Quiggers

its a good read, butlast time i tried to order a copy, he had stopped printing them,
    plus someone outted him. has he started printing again?

alan kelly wrote: »
    Not too sure bout the zen part but might be interested in the mixing bit ;)

Nah man..the title has a bit to do with me getting it anyway..
    apparently when mixing we've very similar brainwave patterns as buddhist monks in meditation..as for mixerman, ive found him to be informative if you can get past his manner or something..he seems needlessly obnoxious at times..
    and its in reference to a great book..
    and, well, zen is the only living truth..

Quiggers its a good read, butlast time i tried to order a copy, he had stopped printing them,
    plus someone outted him. has he started printing again?

(how the f*ck do ya multiquote..?)

This is a new book..its only out a couple of weeks..a followup to the mixerman diaries or something..
    I ordered it a couple of weeks ago in the local bookshop..should have it in a week or two..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,790 ✭✭✭PaulBrewer

Quiggers wrote: »
    plus someone outted him

He's into Country Music ?

It's about as "Zen" as shopping in Tesco.
    apparently when mixing we've very similar brainwave patterns as buddhist monks in meditation..
    This is bunkum. What actually happens, or at least what's been investigated so far, is way more interesting and complicated than that! Check out the book This is your Brain on Music by Dan Levitin, he was a producer and is now a neuroscientist. There's a documentary on youtube where he puts Sting in an MRI, very cool.

shopping at tesco could be very zen..

shopping at tesco could be very zen..
    LOL! True, if you're not irritated by broken/ missing trolleys and sneaky overpricing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

try shopping in Tesco apres toke and realising after 45 mins that all you have in your trolley is a carton of chocolate milk :)

• Advertisement

I never shop on weekends...

old gregg wrote: »
    try shopping in Tesco apres toke and realising after 45 mins that all you have in your trolley is a carton of chocolate milk :)

Happens me all the time..

Advertisement