Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone talk me through resetting BBC Four?

Options
  • 26-10-2010 3:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 28

Hi,

VERY new to all things satellite, but a fast learner...having got a signal I notice a few channels missing and find that some are because BBC changed transponder on 19th...

I have tried to adjust this and as soon as I set what I think is the transponder number (47/92) the MHZ reset to wrong figure...so, obviously I haven't got a clue yet (maybe 92 is the transponder number and 47 only a channel number and I should be setting to x/47 ?)...could someone PLEASE :) talk me through this?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 satpicture

You need to ignore the transponder number. Set the transponder frequency to that required for the moved channels, set the transponder polarisation, and search to find the channels on that frequency.You will find the frequencies and polarisations for the bbc channels if you google "bbc satellite frequencies". Note 1GHz = 1000MHz.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 bigfishman

BBC 4 code is as follows (assuming you are adding other channels on sky)

10802..H..22..5-6

hope this helps

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 DeltaC

Thanks both...

I was resetting it on generic receiver pointing at Astra2D but the principle is same...in the end I found that (for some reason) if I deleted the dead channel, THEN set up a new transponder on the right frequency and scanned suddenly I had BBC Four but without deleting the dead channel I couldn't get anywhere. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭quaalude

bigfishman wrote: »
    BBC 4 code is as follows (assuming you are adding other channels on sky)

10802..H..22..5-6

hope this helps

Thanks bigfishman - I was looking for just this info.

Advertisement