Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HTC Desire, I have the unlock code, what now?

Options
  • 26-10-2010 3:33pm
    Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Guys I requested and recieved my unlock code from 02 for my HTC desire. The text says put in a different sim and then enter the code. I put in a meteor sim but it just says "No sim card in phone"

I hear there is a code you can type to prompt to ask for the unlock code, does anyone know what that is or how else to do this:
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭emo72

Zascar wrote: »
    Guys I requested and recieved my unlock code from 02 for my HTC desire. The text says put in a different sim and then enter the code. I put in a meteor sim but it just says "No sim card in phone"

I hear there is a code you can type to prompt to ask for the unlock code, does anyone know what that is or how else to do this:
    Thanks

have you got another sim? it should see the sim. i unlocked an o2 one as well and didnt have this problem.:confused:

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

I tried another sim and it worked this time, I got the prompt for the password. Thing is, it did not work, said it was not valid. I have double checked it, it is right…

It was about a month ago that I got the pin, do you think they expire? Pain in the ass

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

i would suggest that you contact meteor and ask the to confirm the code with htc again. i'm not sure how many trys you get or not though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,672 ✭✭✭s_carnage

I think there is an option when you turn on your phone by pressing the power button and the volume button (up or down, can't remember which one) to enter the unlocking code. Not 100% but think I remember seeing it there before

Advertisement