Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Transferring data to an "Internal SD Card"

Options
  • 26-10-2010 3:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,539 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I've got a Samsung Galaxy S.

In settings -> SD Card and phone storage there are 3 storage options/facilities listed

1. External SD Card (14.83GB total - 7.03GB free)
    2. Internal SD Card (5.78GB total - 5.62GB free)
    3. Internal phone storage (1.56GB free)

I have about 5GB of music on the external SD card I'd like to move to the internal SD card as I want it with me most of the time and it doesn't change very often. (I like my top X albums and that's about it!!) Is there a way I can transfer data from the external to the internal SD card? The internal card doesn't seem to be used for much so is there any reason I shouldn't do this? Should I leave more than 600MB free on the internal SD card assuming I can do the transfer?

I'd like to free up more space on the external card to put moves on (long flight coming up) and to store videos and pictures taken on my travels etc

Appreciate your feedback.

Ben

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,539 ✭✭✭BenEadir

BenEadir wrote: »
    Hi all,

I've got a Samsung Galaxy S.

In settings -> SD Card and phone storage there are 3 storage options/facilities listed

1. External SD Card (14.83GB total - 7.03GB free)
    2. Internal SD Card (5.78GB total - 5.62GB free)
    3. Internal phone storage (1.56GB free)

I have about 5GB of music on the external SD card I'd like to move to the internal SD card as I want it with me most of the time and it doesn't change very often. (I like my top X albums and that's about it!!) Is there a way I can transfer data from the external to the internal SD card? The internal card doesn't seem to be used for much so is there any reason I shouldn't do this? Should I leave more than 600MB free on the internal SD card assuming I can do the transfer?

I'd like to free up more space on the external card to put moves on (long flight coming up) and to store videos and pictures taken on my travels etc

Appreciate your feedback.

Ben

Seriously, does no one know how to do this????

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Try using Astro File Manager from the Market. I don't think there is a way without any additional apps.

Advertisement