Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Camera for Recording Guitar Lessons/Videos

Options
  • 26-10-2010 2:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭

Hey, sorry if this is in the wrong place cause the boards forum is massive.

I got a job selling guitar lesson through a new site that opened but their only issue was that my camera isn't producing high enough quality videos to meet their standards. The requirement is at least 24 frames per second.

I'm currently using a Casio Exilim EX-Z1050 which in the manual states that it captures at 25 frames per second but the images seem to be blurry and when edited in Imovie/Final Cut Express the quality worsens.

What Camera that I can pick up in Dublin would you recommend?? Say 300-400 euro budget

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

That camera should produce an alright video quality. Have you checked the settings to make sure they're at top quality? Can you post an example of what you've shot already?

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Splinters

I just checked that camera and you should be ok. Its by no means the best camera on the planet but should be up to the job. Its probably more the quality you're exporting in Final Cut. If you're hell bent on getting a new camera Ive a HV20 that Im selling I could let go for that price but in all honesty you might not need it. What settings are you using to export? (resolution, format, codec settings etc).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭NealB

An editor use to say to me if you put Sh*t in you get Sh*te out. So start at the beginning, how does the video look directly from the camera on a TV? If it's ok then it's more than good enough for web. If it is ok by that test then your issue is with the treatment of the video in capturing or exporting for the web. Some possible problem solvers:

Is the camera interlaced and if so which field is first? Final Cut Pro seems to default to upper odd, make sure your capture and export match.

Is that a digital or analogue camera? You can't capture analogue in FCP at 10bit uncompressed, it staggers and show jagged lines on tilts. This may have been ironed out in later versions, i have gone fully digital so haven't had the issue in years.

Hope you figure it out.

Advertisement