Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My fusebox

Options
  • 26-10-2010 1:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

Hi, ive recently moved into a new apartment and the storage heaters are not working, when i turn on the switch at the wall the red light doesnt come on so im assuming that the fuse has gone.

i have no idea to how to change a fuse in my fusebox lol. i know im a typical woman :p

Can someone please help me!

I've included a pic of my fusebox

Thanks
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭M cebee

have you tried leaving the switches on overnight

you could set the 2 dials on the devireg(top right fusebox) to midrange or zero

and then adjust the night dial 24hrs later for more/less heat

(i forget how the lights on the devireg work)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 hpreston1988

yes i already left the switches on overnight, two nights in a row and there was no heat comin from the hallway heater or the sitting room heater.

heat from the 3rd one? or lights on the switches overnight?

the dials on the devireg-what are they set to ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 hpreston1988

i havent tried the one in the kitchen over night.

the night devireg is set in the middle between -2 and +2 so im assuming thats zero lol. the led is simultaniously flashing red. the day devireg is also set to zero but has constant green led.

in the kitchen the one switch light comes on, and that allows the convector but to start, but the other switch there is no red light. so im guessing the storage heater doesnt work in the kitchen either.

i would prob turn up the night button to +2(leave day at 0)

and turn on your 3 switches for storage heaters

-allow 24hrs for settings to take effect

see if you have lights on switches overnite

or heat from any heater next day

i'm afraid i forget the lights on devireg without referring back to manual again

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,743 ✭✭✭meercat

if there is a thermostat in the hall,turn it up to max

there won't be a stat for NSH if there's a devireg

maybe in sitting room for convectors

Advertisement