Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battery on my desire terrible in the last few days

Options
  • 26-10-2010 1:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭

Hi i've been quite happy with my Desire but in the last few days the battery has gone to crap.
    If i start off with a full charge in the morning it's typically half charge by early afternoon- without even using it.
    I haven't changed any settings- wifi, gps and bluetooth are off.
    Anyone any ideas.
    Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭akamossie

here is my advise, give it a time, i had the same issue, but the phone just adapt with battery usage, took around 2 weeks i think, so not to worry :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

have you installed any new apps lately? i have various rss feeds, bbc news widget, twitter widgets, facebook widgets, google latitude, weather info .. etc etc. it's all checking almost constantly for updating which obviously drains battery.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭mkennedy

Random wrote: »
    have you installed any new apps lately? i have various rss feeds, bbc news widget, twitter widgets, facebook widgets, google latitude, weather info .. etc etc. it's all checking almost constantly for updating which obviously drains battery.

No, i didn't make any changes recently.
    Battery life was fine up until a few days ago- not sure what's going on.

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭marcphisto

My Desire wouldn't even last a day until I installed Juice Defender.

http://www.appbrain.com/app/juicedefender-battery-saver/com.latedroid.juicedefender

give it a go and see if it helps. I still only get a day and a half out of the battery once I manage to stay away from Shazam!

Advertisement