Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

banned from dental issues

Options
  • 26-10-2010 12:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭

Re: Banned from Dental Issues
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by derealbadger
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Big_G
    Hi derealbadger,

You have been banned from Dental Issues for the following duration:

7 Day(s)

for the following reason:

personal attack

Providing your ban is not permanent, it will be lifted automatically after 7 Day(s). You will get an automatic message informing you that the ban is lifted. If you do not receive this message after the allotted time, please PM a moderator to clarify.

Bans occur after a serious rules breach so please keep in mind that Moderators don't just decide to ban people out of the blue. If you wish to appeal this ban, please follow our Dispute Resolution Process here. Your first action should always be to PM the Moderator(s) of the forum to discuss the ban. Remember that our Mods are volunteers and are not always online, so they may not be able to answer you straight away.

All the best,
    boards.ie
    am could you explain how you feel that i have made a personal attack on someone
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by fitzgeme
    Depends on how much a 4 days holidays are worth to you and 400 euro in fuel or travel? I am sure the dentist will give you a small discount if you have several done at the one time.
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by derealbadger
    why do you need to take 4 days holiday to go to northern ireland and we are not all dentists so us mere mortals drive cars that that can go all the way up north and back for under 400 yoyos what are you driving up there a merc AMG 6.3 pulling your boat
    This post was directed at fitzgeme, in reply to one of his comments. Using the comments 'mere mortals' is condescending and patronising. Then saying that he owns a merc and a boat insinuates that you think he makes too much money. You could have just said, it wouldn't cost 400 euros, I've done it for less than that. You didn't have to get the digs in.

Regards,
    Big_G

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭derealbadger

while i can see that not every body gets irony i still cant see how i have made a personal attack here and it would appear that my ban is for 'condescending and patronising'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

I'm on it - updates soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,737 ✭✭✭Asiaprod

Cheers.

• Moderators Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭Big_G

Ban lifted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭derealbadger

Big_G wrote: »
    Ban lifted.

thank you very much

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

Big_G wrote: »
    Ban lifted.

thanks Big_G. OP, not to labour the point, but the lads in the DI forum bear the brunt of a lot of hostility for stuff they have no control of. I understand totally why they got spooked at your remark, but I see it was just a flippant remark with no malice in it. To call it Irony is giving it a bit too much gravitas - it was sarcasm, but it's not like I've never made a sarcastic remark myself ;)

AP, I think we can mark this as resolved now. Thanks again everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,737 ✭✭✭Asiaprod

Thank you all

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement