Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung Galaxy Apollo

Options
  • 26-10-2010 11:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭

Hi all,

Meteor are carrying this phone and it's gotten some nice review.
    It has Android 2.1, a better processor and screen than the Wildfire and it has USB 3

Seems good value to me

Galaxy Apollo

Joe
    Bujinkan In Laois

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭Zonda999

I think we're a bunch of android snobs around here tbh, opened a thread on this the other day too, zilch replies, the very next day i got a Galaxy S! :P

The only cheap android there seems to be any interest in around here is the LG Optimus and the wildfire, i guess but thats not really that cheap at all, or even that great value either. This Apollo does look alright though and apparently it'll be getting Froyo but not till as far away as next year! It does tick nearly all the boxes though, even has multitouch apparently. wouldnt be hugely mad about the looks though, thats the only thing

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭rickyjb

Was also thinking of getting this since Meteor added it to its meagre PAYG line-up, pretty much down to this or the SE X10 mini, any suggestions??:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

I'd go for the Apollo if you plan to do any texting or web browsing.

Is text input on the x10 mini particularly bad? I see there's a mini pro version with a qwerty keyboard attached, its an extra 40 quid though...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Yup, if you really want a small phone, I would shell out the extra for the keyboard.

• Advertisement

It's not so much the size (which would be handy I have to admit) it's more the best functionality I can get without spending silly amounts of money, Meteor PAYG limits you that way...

Thanks for your responses though

Advertisement