Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

is ACM club still active?

Options
  • 26-10-2010 3:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭

Hi just wondering if the ACM in ucc is still active. Seems to be a lot of CS students on boards so I would have thought there'd be a lot more people interested in some programming club or something. Does anyone know if any other clubs do that sort of thing?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭JohnyDarko

Its definitely active, they're holding an event tomorrow night in fact, but its not really a UCC society rather a more outside thing.

The society that I'm auditor of, NetSoc, does programming tutorials as well as gaming nights (mainly aimed at CS and BIS students though) but there isn't much demand for them and turnout can be rather low. And as a matter of fact I am just off to head a Java tutorial right now! G19 in the WGB if you're interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭MoogPoo

oh great, whats the event tomorrow do you know? how often do netsoc do their programming tutorials anyway? might try and make the next one.

Advertisement