Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommended watch repairer

Options
  • 26-10-2010 1:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭

I sent 3 watches off for repair to Michael Swift in Scotland.

Waltham late 60's-70's needed new crystal.. Cost £6.80
    Bulova Caravelle 1978 need crown and stem.. Cost £5.80
    Croton 1960's needing repair to rusted mecahanism.. Cost £8.00
    Return recorded delivery.. Cost £6.00

I was having difficulty sourcing a crystal for the Waltham here in Ireland and was advised that I may not be able to get one at all. Michael's communication has been brilliant and free advice also on another watch. To get the above work done and including return shipping for 30 euro is unbeatable. I have seen plenty of posts looking for a suggested repairer, well here's mine.

http://www.michaelswift.co.uk/index.php

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Yep he's been mentioned hereabouts before and with similar praise. Defo seems to be the guy to go to for vintage watch repair that's for sure. Especially at those prices.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

Advertisement