Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

song writing competition - win a recording session at Base Recording Studios

Options
  • 26-10-2010 12:07am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,277 ✭✭✭

guys,

we're holding a song contest out at Base Recording Studios. its open to any type of artists and any genre (from r'n'b to metal).

the prize is a recording session out at the studio and if needed a production session aswell.

to enter all you need is a song. doesnt have to be recorded professionally, we'll accept any submissions.. if you cant or dont know how to record then we'll even organise an audition for you :)

the best 5 submissions will be judged and one winner will be chosen by stuart clarke (hotpress) and tony perrey (windmill lane & pulse)

attachment.php?attachmentid=132429&d=1288048022

please download (link below) an application and submit before December 1st.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,277 ✭✭✭DamagedTrax

bump

• Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭Seziertisch

Wrong forum, Damaged.

Our interest in music only goes as far as clocking differences and stuff like that. I mean, who needs songs when you can have an argument about summing boxes?

Take your minority interest competition elsewhere!!!

plenty of musicians and bands read this forum ;)

plenty of musicians and bands read this forum ;)

I can only speak for myself, but any music I make is completely incidental to the gear used to make it ... I like to think that I am in the norm here and not the exception :D

I can only speak for myself, but any music I make is completely incidental to the gear used to make it ... I like to think that I am in the norm here and not the exception :D

i think you may be one of the exceptions :P

i personally know 4 people that post on here. ALL in bands. with the proliferation of affordable hw/sw a lot of musicians are learning to use daws these days and forums like this are learning spots for them.

• Advertisement

i think you may be one of the exceptions :P

i personally know 4 people that post on here. ALL in bands. with the proliferation of affordable hw/sw a lot of musicians are learning to use daws these days and forums like this are learning spots for them.

Freaky sh#t, but to each his own ;)

Anyways, what does the prize concretely involve?

A day (or days) in the studio?

And what does "professional advice to promote and market through relevant media channels" mean concretely?

A day (or days) in the studio?

depends on the material available. the prize is initially to record the song and a b-side, if there is good material available we will record an EP. we will provide any help needed with the production aspect.

also as i said in a thread on the musicians forum, there is no time constraints (within reason!!). the aim is that the winner will have a professional recording thats mastering ready, its our job to furnish that.
    And what does "professional advice to promote and market through relevant media channels" mean concretely?

exactly what it says. we will advise on the best way to get your music heard by the public and relevent industry people and help to do so.

between us we have quite a few years of releasing music in various different genres. personally ive been label releasing (as opposed to making stuff available freely) since 1997 in various guises.

obviously the second part of the prize is going to be valuable to some but not needed by others.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 paddyjfeeney

How can i enter? can i arrange an audition? ........ when is the winner decided?

How can i enter? can i arrange an audition? ........ when is the winner decided?

download the application form in the first post.

you will see the submition choices on it. if you tick the audition box we'll get in touch with you to arrange it.

closing date for entry forms is dec 1st and any auditions will be arranged afterwards. we've no idea when winners will be announced as it depends on the amount of entries and when judges are available but we would hope to be announcing it before the end of january if all goes smoothly.

all this info was on the poster that i posted in this thread but that seems to have disappeared from the post for some reason :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 12 paddyjfeeney

.... do i print the application off, and post it to you or what?

• Advertisement

.... do i print the application off, and post it to you or what?

yup. address is at the bottom.

Advertisement