Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gastric Band on the medical card???

Options
  • 25-10-2010 8:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 27

Hi I was wondering does anyone know can you get a gastric band done on the medical card?
    Do you know of anyone who has got it done?

Thanks!

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 586 ✭✭✭mlindsay215

jen80mcd wrote: »
    Hi I was wondering does anyone know can you get a gastric band done on the medical card?
    Do you know of anyone who has got it done?

Thanks!

if your health is at risk as a result of weight gain or your weight directly affects your quality of life then yes. however you must meet a specific criteria and the decision to refer you will ultimatly lie with your gp.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Ask your GP.You may have to be referred by him/her to a public facility,that carries out the procedure, if there is a medical requirement that you need that treatment, rather than a cosmetic one.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 jen80mcd

Thats great thanks for the information. I will go talk to my Gp about it thanks again!

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

jen80mcd wrote: »
    Thats great thanks for the information. I will go talk to my Gp about it thanks again!
    Hi did you ever get the gastric band done in the end.

Advertisement