Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

springhill court hotel

Options
  • 25-10-2010 8:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭

hi,
    ive booked a stay in the springhill court hotel for me and my b/f for this week but since ive booked it ive read some really off putting reviews about the hotel that its very dirty, old fashioned reviewers would never return ect. im hoping that this isnt as bad as some ppl are making out can anyone fill me in on this hotel?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

travellers weddings etc.......

• Registered Users Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭fabbydabby

Ah come on plug, it's alright.

It's got a leisure centre and beer on tap, what more do you want?

You could get closer to town though cm. You're looking at taxis each way to that place for a night out in town.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 334 ✭✭Ollchailin

It wouldn't be the nicest hotel in Kilkenny, but it's not that bad. Granted I've never stayed there, but I've been to weddings, funerals (whatever you call that after a funeral- refreshments/dinner or something?), and other functions, and always found it very basic but totally fine and acceptable. I've heard the gym is small but does the job.

Overall I wouldn't be too worried about it, but you'd certainly be well within your rights to voice any concerns you have about the hotel with the management before your arrival.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭fabbydabby

Yeah I'd second that. It's grand.

I was at a debutant ball there once upon a time but I didn't get any action. Course back in my day a glimpse of a bit of petticoat would keep you going for the full of the harvest.

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭cmbutterfly45

thanks for replies. i dunno if they make me feel much better about it though! im half thinking of cancelling to book somewhere else but cancellation fee is first nights accom and to be honest cant afford that!
    i shall just be hoping for the best and letting them know if there are any problems.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,588 ✭✭✭femur61

Its fine leisure centre is nice enough. The only down side if you want to go into town at night you'd need to get a taxi in and out.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,408 ✭✭✭ft9

Springhill is fine, I think some renovation work may have taken place there recently. Nothing wrong with it

Advertisement