Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Should I resubscribe to sky for a year to get new dish and box

Options
  • 25-10-2010 5:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 783 ✭✭✭

Hi Folk's I currently have an 8 yr old sky box and dish.
    I cancelled subscriptions a number of years ago and have since used a UK freesat card, and use an arieal in the attic for rte, tv3 and tg4.
    I was thinking of putting sky in the kitchen and was wondering would it be better to:

1. Resubscribe to sky for a year (under wifes name as new customer) so I will get new dish and sky box and connect an extra cable from the new dish to the old box (if going this route I intend to take old dish down and remove current box until new dish and box is installed)
    OR
    2. Buy a 2nd sky box (if so where would people suggest) and buy a quad lnb (I think its called and then just connect the 2nd box to that and watch the free channels.
    What do people think, going down option 1 I get a new dish and box for €306 (€23 a month plus €30 installation fee)
    or would option 2 be much cheaper

Comments

Advertisement