Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

galway or kilkenny plus nice hotel

Options
  • 25-10-2010 3:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭

hi guys,
    me and my bfriend r gonna take a short break jus for two nights this week cant seem to decide between galway or kilkenny simply because i cant decide on hotels!! we want to stay somewhere with a leisure centre thats fairly central so we can walk round to places. also somewhere thats not too expensive,
    can anyone reccomend anywhere??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭johnnyfruitcake

Hotel Kilkenny is close to the center of town, has a good leisure center, not sure about prices, or there is New Park Hotel.

www.hotelkilkenny.ie/

www.newparkhotelireland.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Skyhawk684

Hi,
    I live in Kilkenny. A nice hotel with a leisure centre would be the Kilkenny Rivercourt Hotel. The swimming pool is a bit small mind you, but it has great views of the castle. Its only a 5 minute walk from the Castle and its in the center of the city, so you can get to the shops easily. I hope I helped!

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭bills

+1 for the river court in kilkenny. Fabulous hotel & we had a beautiful room looking on to the river & castle.

The radisson in Galway,it's 4 star but quite nice and more central than the 5 star G hotel which if you want funky plush with a nicer restaurant,I'd go for.
    The G will ferry you into and out of eyre sq with one of their own cars.
    Otherwise it's a 30 min walk.

Advertisement