Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cannot open microsoft outlok

Options
  • 25-10-2010 2:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

When I open Outlook I get:

Outlook cannot perform your search. Outlook cannot display this view. Errors have been detected in the file C:\users\granma\AppData\Local \Microsoft\Outlook\Outlook.pst. Quit Outlook and all email enabled applications, and then use the Inbox Repair (Scanpst.exe) to diagnose and repair errors in the file. For more information about the Inbox repair tool, see Help.

I have tried the inbox repair scanpst and the file to scan reference c:\users\granma\appdata\local\outlook\outlook\pst but say file does not exist.

Please help I have spent almost 5 hours tryng to solve this and checked all ms forums already.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Did you try to scan C:\users\granma\appdata\local\outlook\outlook\pst or C:\users\granma\AppData\Local \Microsoft\Outlook\Outlook.pst? It would make a huge difference if it was mistyped.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 granma

yes I have tried both. The first said not valid file and the second one said unknown error prevented access to file

• Registered Users Posts: 2 davidwlms

Dear granma,

The scanpst.exe you used seems to be either corrupted or unable to repair the pst files. Because the PST files of outlook are always repaired with scanpst.exe. May be the pstscan.exe you are using is not able to recover all the lost data. So, you have to get another tool which is able to recover you entire data. Try some third party tools, they can also find such pst files which are not detected by scanpst.exe file.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 granma

Thanks for your suggestion. I have abandoned outlook and now just use google gmail all the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 760 ✭✭✭mach1982

I work in IT and this common issue ,

Do a search for SCANPST.EXE

browser to the location of your pst and and run.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,011 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

granma wrote: »
    Thanks for your suggestion. I have abandoned outlook and now just use google gmail all the time.

Excellent idea ;)

Nick

Advertisement