Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New garden arrivals (cats)

Options
  • 25-10-2010 8:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭

Have an aviary in the back garden with a few canaries etc. Love birdsong and birtdwatching in general. Have bird table etc ready and looking forward to some unusual visitors in the Winter time. However due to my aviary there are always a few neighbours cats prowling around for a look. Recently I noticed a stray cat around quite a bit and just this week she strolls out from under the aviary with three new kittens :eek::eek:
    And there's me trying to attract birds :confused::confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,568 ✭✭✭Chinasea

It would be great if you could try and catch the poor cat and get her neutered. Cat's Aid could lend you a trap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭IceMaiden

An interesting radio program but a few weeks ago was about domestic cats & the numbers of garden birds they kill, it was information from the RSPB & some similar info from the USA the outcome was a number of a
    I think they said few million birds are killed by cats each year with as yet no easy way around the situation.

Advertisement