Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Craig Breen doing well again

Options
  • 25-10-2010 8:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭

Craig Breen is doing really well again and has won 6 fully funded drives in the Fiesta R2 for the 2011 WRC (Academy series). The guy seem to have a lot of talent and will hopefully by a star of the WRC in the future.

http://www.rallybuzz.com/pirelli-shootout-win/
    rallybuzz wrote:
    A hectic five days have just come to an end in Barcelona, with the biggest win for twenty-year-old Craig Breen, as Craig has been victorious in the Pirelli Star Driver Global Shootout Final. Craig is one of six drivers to be named as winners of the 2010 Pirelli Star Driver Global Shootout, with the prize consisting of a fully funded Ford Fiesta R2 run by M-Sport to contest six rounds of the World Rally Championship as part of the all-new WRC Academy series.

The Global shootout began yesterday (Saturday) with the practical, where the sixteen finalists competed on four stages – one gravel and one tarmac, each repeated twice, all the drivers were using the Fiesta R2 and competing against the clock. Then this morning (Sunday) the action moved to a fitness exam and was followed by media interviews.

This wins for Craig sets up a return to the WRC where he had four outings in 2009 and two this year to date. He competed in WRC Rally Turkey this season in a Castrol Turkey back Fiesta ST and then debuted his Kick Energy Fiesta S2000 in WRC Finland, where he recorded his best result to date. Craig has also had some experience in the Fiesta R2 and was driving an R2 last season on WRC Rally Great Britain where he clinched the FSTi (Fiesta Sport Trophy International). The biggest factor of this win is that taking part in the JWRC forms part of the ‘WRC Academy’, which will be the feeder series to the World Rally Championship.

Craig will now complete his 2010 season by taking part in WRC GB driving his Fiesta S2000 but he can also start planning his 2011 with the knowledge that a Fiesta R2 is waiting for six adventures on the world stage in 2011.

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭BFassassin

Heard about this yesterday alright. Really well done to him.
    Big opportunity for him to impress the big teams.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭reiger

well done to craig another step in the right direction in his career,hes made all the right moves so far in his short rallying career,great to see and you'd have to say he'd be a favourite to do the business next year 2009 irish uk and international festia champion done a bit of development work in the R2 festia and back in the R2 for next years 6 rounds.
    also i belive hes going to do a few s2k rounds in the s200 car as well,
    he looks our stand out driver of this talented young group of drivers about at the moment that can follow Kris Meeke into the WRC,id go as far as saying that he,d be a better prospect than matt wilson at ford at the moment

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 483 ✭✭tom thum

do any of you know him??:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 647 ✭✭✭Namabillion

Good man craig!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭De Hipster

Always good news to see an Irish driver making an impression on the international stage. Craig is keen & has age firmly on his side...building up a lot of valuable experience on the international stage too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭cian1500ww

Fair play to him for getting out there and doing well but in all fairness there's far better drivers in Ireland that could put up just as good a fight if they had the same financial backing ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

tom thum wrote: »
    I don't anyway. Do you?:rolleyes:
    cian1500ww wrote: »
    Fair play to him for getting out there and doing well but in all fairness there's far better drivers in Ireland that could put up just as good a fight if they had the same financial backing ;)

That can probaly be said about all motorsport.

h3000 wrote: »
    That can probaly be said about all motorsport.
    True, but most don't have a wealthy father to fund their operation.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭vincenzolorenzo

No point getting bitter about it. Regardless of where he's getting the money from he is driving well and is climbing the ladder. We'd all love to have heaps of money behind us but unfortunately have to make do. Well done Craig!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭dcr22B

Cian, with all due respects, big deal.

Christ, we're such fecking begrudgers in this country. As Irish rallying fans, we now get to look forward to Craig and Kris/Paul in the 2011 WRC.

I, for one, can't wait.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,055 ✭✭✭muckwarrior

tom thum wrote: »

I must have missed the memo that says we're not allowed talk about people on boards unless we know them in real life. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭se conman

I know his auld lad (sort of) and have met Craig at the karting and have to say he is a very sound and focused young man.Best of luck to him.

grow up will ya,you can have plenty of money behind you but you have to get the results as well and craig has proved that, he has consistantly progressed over the last two years,and the wrc pirelli shoot out well it doesnt matter if you havent a pound in your pocket its a shoot out identical cars,and in craigs case talent shone out.

so get off you high horse,isnt it great to see irish drivers up there in the wrc.

se conman wrote: »
    I know his auld lad (sort of) and have met Craig at the karting and have to say he is a very sound and focused young man.Best of luck to him.

Met Craig a few times nice lad i would agree there with se conman very focused lad.

as i said before its great to see him heading for the top and i wish him all the best.

reiger wrote: »
    grow up will ya,you can have plenty of money behind you but you have to get the results as well and craig has proved that, he has consistantly progressed over the last two years,and the wrc pirelli shoot out well it doesnt matter if you havent a pound in your pocket its a shoot out identical cars,and in craigs case talent shone out.

so get off you high horse,isnt it great to see irish drivers up there in the wrc.
    How about you grow up and realise that I'm not trying to insult the lad. I'm just saying that there is plenty of other Irish talent out there that deserves just as much recognition for their efforts. As I said fair play to him.

At the end of the day the topic and thread is about Craig Breen so i do not understand your bitterness

you make me laugh you have dug your hole so stay in it,you went on the attack straight away about his fathers wealth,you then go on to cover all your bases by saying well done to the lad,thats really all youve said.

are you by any any chance a disgruntled keith cronin fan just upset by the way his career is going.because you sound to to have a tad of jealously in your tone.

so go on tell us whos the superstars that we should be talking about

reiger wrote: »
    At the end of the day the topic and thread is about Craig Breen so i do not understand your bitterness

you make me laugh you have dug your hole so stay in it,you went on the attack straight away about his fathers wealth,you then go on to cover all your bases by saying well done to the lad,thats really all youve said.

are you by any any chance a disgruntled keith cronin fan just upset by the way his career is going.because you sound to to have a tad of jealously in your tone.

so go on tell us whos the superstars that we should be talking about
    I'm not a fan of any driver, I support them all.

I'm just saying that Craig has done so well in Irish rallying because money doesn't seem to be an issue and I'm sure that other drivers could do just as well with the same financial backing. The same can be said for quite a few other Irish drivers.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

Lads can we leave it go at this stage. Yes there are plenty of Irish drivers with huge talent that we never hear of. Yes money plays a huge part in motorsport. Craig Breen seems to have genuine talent and is in a very lucky and privileged position to have the financial backing to exploit this.

I started this thread because I was genuinely really excited and pleased to see an Irish driver get a huge opportunity to compete on the world stage.

agree a 100% with ya there,great to see a greatly talented driver like craig getting on,and thats what the debate should be about,
    all i was trying to do h3000 was reinforce that point,i just got a bit annoyed about certain comments made,but thats where i will leave that arugment.

Fair enough, wasn't my intention to turn this into an argument but I was just voicing and defending my opinion.

• Advertisement
Advertisement