Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xperia x10 mini pro problems

Options
  • 24-10-2010 8:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,136 ✭✭✭

My girlfriend bought an xperia x10 mini pro about 4 weeks ago on meteor prepay and problems have existed from day one but have got progressively worse.

The wifi will turn itself on and off and will say the wifi network are not in range,you have to turn it off and on to allow it to find a network. The screen freezes up randomly and if you push the screen up to use the keyboard the screen will act as if someone is opening a programme on the bottom left hand corner and goes to contacts.

The market doesnt find half the programmes you can normally find and if you try to download a programme it will say it has been unsuccessful and won't update any of the apps already on the phone.

There are a few other problems but thats mainly it,i would try to root the phone and delete the se software but really at this point i dont want to do anything to the phone because it's probably a return job.

Has anyone experienced similar problems with the phone? any advice?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,579 ✭✭✭BopNiblets

So return it or put 2.1 (or if possible 2.2) on it, all those problems sound like they could be solved with a good kick to the software, maybe even just a factory reset.

The wifi problem, have you got it set to turn off when the screen does maybe?
    There was an update to the Market app recently that allowed paid apps to appear too.

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭squire23

Basically, most of the problems you listed are down to the fact that it runs 1.6. Currently there is no available ROMS to update it to 2.1 or 2.2 but Sony Ericsson have stated that will be an OTA upgrade to 2.1 sometime this month. This should resolve a number of the issues.

http://androidcommunity.com/sony-ericsson-xperia-x10-2-1-update-delayed-until-end-of-october-20100923/

Have you tried the update yet? I have a friend of mine that needs it

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭squire23

Have you tried the update yet? I have a friend of mine that needs it
    Still not available unfortunately.
    http://forums.meteor.ie/index.php?showtopic=1305

• Registered Users Posts: 3,136 ✭✭✭ronano

update to 2.1 for the x10 mini pro is available,it's the gf's phone and she installed it fine no problems and it's given access to more applications on the market but still not all. Cabbage still cant be found. It's fixed pretty much everything else so cant complain too much. I was fiddling with phone today it's a decent piece of kit

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭Big Game

ronano wrote: »
    update to 2.1 for the x10 mini pro is available,it's the gf's phone and she installed it fine no problems and it's given access to more applications on the market but still not all. Cabbage still cant be found. It's fixed pretty much everything else so cant complain too much. I was fiddling with phone today it's a decent piece of kit

Had the same issue with Cabbage on my missus' new X10 mini pro. Installed Textdroid instead once I updated to 2.1, does the same job as Cabbage, problem solved.

Great little smart phone given the size of it, ideal for her.

Advertisement