Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's your Stargate of choice?

Options
  • 24-10-2010 7:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭

Now that we're settling into season 2 of SGU, I thought it would be interesting to see has it beaten out any of the other shows in popularity on boards.

Simple enough, what's your favorite? :D

Including movies, series, whatever you've seen!

For me:
    1. SG1
    2. SGU
    3. SG - Original Motion picture
    4. SGA
    5. SG - Continuum
    6. SG - Ark of Truth
    Tagged:

Comments

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

The film
    SG1 up until about season 6 or 7
    SGU
    First season or two of Atlantis

... that's it!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭D-Generate

My favourite Stargate is the one on P3W-451.

SG1 up to the arrival of Vala and Mitchell
    Stargate
    SGU
    SG1 after Vala and Mitchell arrive
    SG:A

Never watched the SG1 films.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,870 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

The Toaster-gate of course

• Registered Users Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

two words, window of oportunity "ll":D

SG-1 up to when jack left SG-1
    SGA till weir left
    Stargate
    Ark of Truth
    SGU
    The Rest of SG-1
    The Rest of SGA
    Continum

not that im noting liking SGU, but the 8 seasons that occupy SG-1 and SGA at the start are just superior sci-fi, and stargate will always be loved and Ark of Truth was also pure sci-fi,

sci-fi is suppose to be fun, what the hell happened:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,924 ✭✭✭✭RolandIRL

haven't seen SGA or the tv films and from what i've seen of SG1 so far, it's far too episodic for my liking, so i'm going like

SGU
    Original film
    SG1

/awaits abuse

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 845 ✭✭✭red dave

1. Original film
    2. SGU
    3. SG1
    4. SGA

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

SG1
    SGA
    Any of the movies
    SGU

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

original movie
    sg1 at the time I really loved but looking back on it now it wasn't great at all
    sgu iffy

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭Flying Abruptly

SG-1 up to season 8 (before the Ori)
    SGA (loved the last 2 seasons)
    SGU (like it but, but havent been dying to see the next episode as I was with the others)
    Continuum (a brillant long stand-alone episode of SG-1)
    Stargate (only watched after started SG-1, really explained a lot, found the other actors really confusing :))
    Ark of Truth (just used to tie off loose ends with Ori, didnt really like the ending)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,436 ✭✭✭c_man

SG1
    <the rest>
    SGA

SG1 is my favourite. I'm undecided on SGU, still haven't made up my mind.

Reading this reminds me that it's been ages since I've watched Continuum. Must get on that :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭Bodan

My order is

Stargate SG-1 seasons 1 - 7
    Stargate Atlantis
    Stargate SG-1 seasons 8 - 10
    daylight
    daylight
    Stargate Universe

Stargate Universe is so terrible, I feel it could cancel the franchise. Watching repeats of Atlantis these days, beats the socks off Universe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭AnneFrank

Bodan wrote: »
    My order is

Stargate Atlantis
    daylight
    daylight
    Stargate Universe

Stargate Universe is so terrible, I feel it could cancel the franchise. Watching repeats of Atlantis these days, beats the socks off Universe.

i totally agree sgu is soooo dissapointing,apart from the colonel and begby the rest of the crew are terrible,good story but bad actors, too fake and hollywoody,SGA was the best

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

Original movie
    SGU
    Everything else is meh!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭Jarren

My order is

Stargate Atlantis
    daylight
    daylight
    Stargate Universe

+1

very true

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,150 ✭✭✭Johnmb

My order is

Stargate Atlantis
    daylight
    daylight
    Stargate Universe

+1

I think SGU is much better suited as a follow up to the original movie rather than as a follow up to SG-1 and SGA. The humorless tone fits in quite well. Those who prefer the movie to SG-1 seem to be the ones who rate SGU higher as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 winchesterj54

stargate sg1 was my favorite up until jack o neill leaving
    from there on it was on a fast track to boresville what a yawn

• Registered Users Posts: 24,475 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

sg1 was the only one I ever really watched.
    saw a lot of Atlantis but never all, was quite good too.

The original film looks terrible these days, especially after watching sg1

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

what are the two other films like?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭tfitzgerald

I agree I love everything stargate but universe is pure rubbish

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

universe isn't great, but it's a real insult to say that it's worse than atlantis..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

i actually storngly agree that atlantis is superior to SGU, rewatching even the mid season clifhangers make SGU look extremely dull,

think of season 1 of atlantis, we had rising and excellent feel of adventure going out all set to explore a new part of the universe, then we had the mid-season episodes of The Storm and the The Eye, great tension and atlantis being over run with geni soldiers, you actually thought it was set up for a lesser known but known carcater to be killed off, then the season finale, a 3 parter of the wraith coming to get atlantis and have a gateway to a new feeding ground,

compare to season 1 of SGU, no plan, some mad scientist decides hes really wants to dial the ninth chevron so he does, and the base is under attack so all personel are gated to destiny, a delapadated ship out in gods know where land, no-one is prepared for the event, mid-season young and rush have it out, and rush is left on the planet, we know damn well rush is gonna be back, there is no tension resonating from either caracter, season finale, a 2 parter, i must say it was good, but also a bit stupid, i still dont understand why the LA would waste the effort of traveling to destiny knowing theres no way back, they had telford and god knows who else in the SGC to relay any information that they wanted, it just seemed ridiculus to travel to destiny at all,

now i do like SGU, late season 1 and so far season 2 i find interesting, but im not fooling myself, i dont understand some decisions made and some things do drive me mad about it, as was the same with atlantis, and SG-1, but so far SGU is leading due mainly to the fact that its suppose to be space opera yet is entirely dull, not enough action to justify being called a space opera, there is entirely to much angst, im sorry but this shows target audience is stargate fans, and there are new younger ones every year, but a lot of them fell in love with Atlantis and SG-1, shows with little to no angst, so adding this aspect it retarded, it should be removed and replaced with a giant space battle,

there has been heaps upon heaps of caracater development so its well past time to get this show moving,

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭harry21

1. Stargate SG1 - made the entire franchise
    2. The movie - A classic
    3. SG:A - barely, could have been so much better
    4. Continuum - As mentioned already, a great stand along movie
    5. SGU - Should really be considered as a different series
    6. Ark of Truth - Terrible really

Best episode of all time were the2 that created stargate atlantis when the found the antartic platform.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭BigDuffman

1. Stargate (Movie)
    2. SG1 - Before Vala (it just got camp and wishy washy after that)
    3. SGU - dark with an adult theme + issues.
    4. SGA - series 1 was good but after that it suffered from the quirky camp bug.

Advertisement