Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stolen Bike Trek 7.3FX from Fleet St Car Park

Options
  • 24-10-2010 6:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

Hi - I'm just looking to see if anyone can help track down a stolen bike? When I came back to collect it after work it was gone - lock was cut with a set of bolt-cutters it would seem.

Any ideas where to check where it might turn up would be great - as I'm sure anyone who's had a bike stolen willl appreciate how infuriating this is.

It was stolen from Fleet St car park bike section last Wednesday 20th October at lunchtime - I've managed to get the CCTV footage, and by chance have a reasonably clear picture of the thief walking out with it (I have to drop the footage into the Gardai in Pearse Street and hope they can assist in catching him).

Anyhow - I've a sample picture of the bike below (mine is a black / grey colour and it's the largest frame size posssible for this model so it would look quite big at a glance - plus mine had the bull bars and a bottle holder), but I'll post the picture of the a55h0le that swiped it as soon as I've talked to the Gardai - promise....

11544863.jpg

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

Jaysus, sorry to hear about that! :(

I'll keep an eye out for it when I'm cycling around. What lock was it locked with?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Tom20Ten

It was a black coil combination lock - steel cable with the black covering. It didn't put up much of a fight as it was a fairly clean cut.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

Yeah, that'd be your problem. Those cable locks are useless.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 258 ✭✭Scambuster

Have a read of this. The places mentioned are still operating.

http://www.indymedia.ie/article/72315?print_page=true

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Tom20Ten

Cheers - I'll check a few of those out.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭CuppaCocoa

Your best bet is the Saturday market on North Cumberland Street. They're always selling stolen bikes there. You'd need to be there from about 8-10 to catch them. They sell them mostly to the non-nationals.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Your best bet is the Saturday market on North Cumberland Street. They're always selling stolen bikes there. You'd need to be there from about 8-10 to catch them. They sell them mostly to the non-nationals.

Have you reported this to the Gardai or are you just spouting this out?.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 258 ✭✭Scambuster

They know.

Advertisement