Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reinstall Market

Options
  • 24-10-2010 4:25pm
    Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Have Samsung Galaxy.
    I have suddenly started having a problem downloading from Android market. Everything just stays on "starting download"
    Wifi Connection is fine.
    Downloads from Ap Store are fine,
    Issue is the same with WiFi turned off & using data connection.
    Anything I found suggests a factory reset, not somthing I want to do.
    If I uninstall Market is there any way to reinstall it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭big dan

Having the same problem on desire and europa. I reckon the market is just busy.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Ill be giving it a while.:)
    Last thing I want is a factory default.:eek:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭mickoneill30

I've been having problems today too. Thought it was just me.

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭one man clappin

I am having the same problem for the last 2 days. Trying to download the YouTube app, it comes up in my notifications that it is starting download but then disappears.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Shane O' Malley

Looks like the problem is not going away.

Getting nothing on either my Desire or my Hero.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,579 ✭✭✭BopNiblets

There was a thread recently with the .APK installer for the market, might help you guys?
    http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056065868

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

I sorted this by doing the following.
    Goto settings, applications, manage applications, Market uninstall updates.
    This reverts the Market app back to factory default.
    It also removes updated for any other apps downloaded from market.
    After this restart the phone, run Market goto downloads and update your apps.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,532 ✭✭✭Zonda999

I'm still having trouble with this lads even after using koolkids method of fixing it. Wifi is grand and the browser works fine. However, when i try and download anything, it just says download unsuccessful after a few seconds. I didnt have this issue at all at all a couple of days ago and the only app i downloaded then was APNdroid which is blocking data alright but seeing as the wifi is working fine, i didnt think that would be an issue?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,532 ✭✭✭Zonda999

This is an odd one, if i keep on trying, apps will eventually download, but not after about 10 time with the download unsuccessful. I'm still new to android(2 days only really :D) so the apps i'm downloading are pretty popular ones that everyone has, so is it possible that its just that the market is busy or its just a temporary problem?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 5,042 Mod ✭✭✭✭spooky donkey

same issue for me and its only today yesterday I got some new apps fine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭BionicRasher

Ya same for me and the Missus. Have a Desire and a Legend and Market is hanging on both.
    Tried this and it worked for a while but hanging again now. http://blog.todoroo.com/android-market-stuck/

Looks like it's just an overall issue

tui0hcg wrote: »
    Ya same for me and the Missus. Have a Desire and a Legend and Market is hanging on both.
    Tried this and it worked for a while but hanging again now.[URL="http://"][/URL]

Same here. Its back again this evening. Must be a much more widespread issue.

Advertisement